The Sewing Place

My time is coming

Marniesews

My time is coming
« on: March 05, 2018, 23:38:12 PM »
I've not sewn much at all for myself since my thirties as everything I made after that never seemed right, mostly down to changes in shape and my inability to master the greater challenge of self-fitting.

I've finally bought a pattern for me, it's very simple with little challenge (hopefully) now that I fit in a smaller size but I shouldn't speak to soon perhaps. ;)

It's a Silhouette pattern, just a simple knit tunic with a wrap, the sort of thing I like to wear. When I get back home next week, it'll be time to search through The Textile Centre for something nice with no disappointment if it gets scrapped.

Oh dear...looks like I've forgotten how to insert photographs. Better get off and search for enlightenment.  :[
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 00:17:43 AM by Marniesews »
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Morgan

Re: My time is coming
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 01:04:04 AM »
There are plenty people here to help out if you feel the need for a bit of hand holding.
My latest projects for the pattern 3 ways use fabrics from the Textile Centre, I'm pleased with the quality of the fabric for the money paid.

Francesca

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 23:48:17 PM »
There are plenty people here to help out if you feel the need for a bit of hand holding.
My latest projects for the pattern 3 ways use fabrics from the Textile Centre, I'm pleased with the quality of the fabric for the money paid.

The Textile Centre is a great little place. I think half my stash is from there. It's not the most fancy or fantastic stuff but it's such great value and they have a good stock turnover.

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 20:51:55 PM »
@Francesca: what about the Textile centre for that cotton sateen for your wedding guest dress?

Marniesews

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 21:19:30 PM »
I've ordered two fabrics to try out with the pattern. Turns out I'm very picky about what appeals to me and what doesn't - certainly nothing with sparkle, shine or even the hint of a glint, which ruled out rather a lot. Anyway, I've decided that these are worth a try:

Quilted cloqué jersey
Cable striped textured plain jersey

Still haven't got my embedding of photos from Flickr to work again so here is the pattern too.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Francesca

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 22:48:59 PM »
@Francesca: what about the Textile centre for that cotton sateen for your wedding guest dress?

I had a look but haven't found a print I like. They're all florals which is OK but I prefer something bold if it's floral, they're all a bit ditsy or old fashioned.