The Sewing Place

Daughter's Satin Tuxedo Jacket

MitchOfTheNorth

Re: Daughter's Satin Tuxedo Jacket
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 02:26:18 AM »
Well, I finished it the morning of graduation.  I will never make that pattern again - what an ordeal!  The directions are less than stellar - or I'm just dense.  The last straw came as I was pinning the sleeve lining to the sleeve only to find that the lining was 1 1/2 inches (more than 3.5 cm) smaller than the exterior!!!  I had obsessively transferred the alterations from the exterior to lining.  The morning of grad found me ripping out my carefully sewn seams in the sleeve lining and resewing with much smaller seam allowances.  But she looked wonderful & she loved it.  But NEVER again will I make that pattern!!!
Stashbusting 2022
Goal:  50 meters
Total:  32.5 meters

SkoutSews

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 09:12:37 AM »
Well done Mitch, sounds like you fought through and triumphed! There's such a lot of work in a formal jacket, I tried one many years ago and it was a disaster.

You'll have happy photos of the day with your daughter looking great as a result of your efforts.

b15erk

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 12:15:02 PM »
It sounds like an awful lot of hard work MotN.  I bet your daughter looked, and felt beautiful. It will be a lovely reminder for her of her special day.

Well done for keeping at it!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.