The Sewing Place

Yet another wedding guest dress!

Acorn

Re: Yet another wedding guest dress!
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2018, 09:37:09 AM »
Oh yes - Mr Acorn has a suit with military hems, and they look wonderful  (I didn't know that was what they were called though - you learn something every day!   :) )
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Roger

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2018, 15:33:30 PM »
I’m also a big fan of trouser cuffs on suits. And English tailoring (which are strange little clips on the waistline that allow for a couple of inches adjustment without using a belt.
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

DementedFairy

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2018, 06:02:13 AM »

It's like DementedFairy and pussybows!  :D

I thought you were being  a bit saucy for  a moment there Fran!  Nasty secretarial Miss Moneypenny Margaret Thatcher tie neck blouses.  Ew.  I wouldn't tie a bow round a cat, let alone a grown woman.

Yes fashion is for wimps, style is way preferable!
C'est moi!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2018, 08:30:35 AM »
@Francesca  Oh my. I had a dress just like the one on the right, same color and almost identical print, though the flowers were a brighter pink and it also had a peplum. I bought it to wear as a wedding guest. The year? It was 1988 or 1989. Fashion does indeed come around, again and again.

Re the shorter men's pants, rather than half mast here we call them "high waters". So very handy when you flood the living room yet again.  :toast:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 08:33:12 AM by Renegade Sewist »

Efemera

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2018, 09:13:19 AM »
I love ankle grazer pants...great for showing off your shoes... I love shoes too!

UttaRetch

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2018, 10:12:16 AM »
... fashion is for wimps, style is way preferable!
What goes around comes around.