The Sewing Place

[SOLVED] Is there a "stay logged in" option?

WendyW

[SOLVED] Is there a "stay logged in" option?
« on: March 07, 2018, 21:23:24 PM »
It's certainly not a big deal to log in regularly, but it's nice when one doesn't have to. Is there a button that I haven't found yet that will allow me to stay logged in all the time?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 10:33:50 AM by Francesca »

Marniesews

Re: Is there a "stay logged in" option?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 21:29:29 PM »
I think there must be as I certainly stay logged on, even when I close the window and then click the link on a notification. I seem to remember a check box somewhere when I first logged on (such a long time now though). If you can't find it, any of the mods will help you.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 22:14:36 PM »
If you login from the black bar at the top of the page there is an option that says 'Always stay logged in' with a tick box.

For some reason you don't get that option if you log in using the blue login button on the right hand side.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

wrenkins

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 06:47:16 AM »
Ha! Who knew?
I've been disappeared for months and have been mooching about for a couple of days trying to get my sew-jo back. I've spent ages reading back/trying to catch up and I keep getting logged out in me prime!!!  :|
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

WendyW

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 07:05:37 AM »
If you login from the black bar at the top of the page there is an option that says 'Always stay logged in' with a tick box.

For some reason you don't get that option if you log in using the blue login button on the right hand side.

I found it! Thank you!

Sewingsue

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 09:06:39 AM »
So have I. No idea why I got into the habit of using the Blue Button.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

rubywishes

Re: [SOLVED] Is there a "stay logged in" option?
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 21:01:02 PM »
Why doesn't my computer, or the forum, recognise my password? I have to type it in every time. Even when I ask it to "remember" or to "stay logged in". Each time I want to log into the forum, it shows my old forgotten password (I think) which I have to delete and then type in my new password. It's driving me nuts. Is this problem at "my end"? :'(
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Lowena

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 21:36:08 PM »
I press always stay logged in everytime, but it takes no notice :(
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Francesca

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 21:42:55 PM »
Why doesn't my computer, or the forum, recognise my password? I have to type it in every time. Even when I ask it to "remember" or to "stay logged in". Each time I want to log into the forum, it shows my old forgotten password (I think) which I have to delete and then type in my new password. It's driving me nuts. Is this problem at "my end"? :'(

If it's showing your old password, then you probably have your old password saved somewhere in your browser - I'm afraid we don't handle any password saving here.

Francesca

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 21:43:35 PM »
I press always stay logged in everytime, but it takes no notice :(

Does it log you out when you close all site windows and then immediately return?

Lowena

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 22:00:17 PM »
Yes, but it's not a problem

Lowena

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2018, 22:05:20 PM »
Not a prob.......

Iminei

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2018, 07:40:12 AM »
Im always logged in ....

I think your problem @Lowena  may be that you clear all your cookies after every day ...
I think I read that from you somewhere ... if so, you are effectively setting back to factory settings or something!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2018, 09:12:18 AM »
I clear my cache and cookies everytime I leave the computer, but I still used to be logged in ( I don't clear saved passwords ) but it's not a problem, it doesn't take a second  :)

Lowena

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2018, 09:57:22 AM »
But it's only a recent thing and I've always cleared after every visit...OCD  0_0
It really is no problem though