The Sewing Place

The Great Cushion Cover Swap 2018

wrenkins

Re: The Great Cushion Cover Swap 2018
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2018, 06:45:24 AM »
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! to get my cover.  0_0 Even him indoors is in a state of anticipation...well...wondering....  :[
Will it suit the bedroom or the sitting room or will I have to redecorate to match???? All fine BTW.
HUH REE UP!  :D
Monday is the posting deadline. I don't think I can contain myslf till Wednesday.  :S
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2018, 07:18:18 AM »
Cmon Ladies, its the 28th today ... two more days to get them posted ... and if you have received yours ... PLease post a pic and thank the maker ... @DementedFairy   :devil:

An insitu pic would be nice as well to see how the colours work. Kenora could you post a pic of yours insitu to start the ball rolling?

When Im back we'll start the next project ... please have a look through the poll and choose which you would like to do next ok?

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Ploshkin

« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2018, 08:02:39 AM »
When Im back we'll start the next project .
Whoa!  I've got a partially made Project Linus quilt in the queue! 
Life's too short for ironing.

Pearl

« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2018, 08:30:55 AM »
Whoa!  I've got a partially made Project Linus quilt in the queue!

I can't believe how quick you ladies are.  Partially made?  I can't decide what to do. 

Lowena

« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2018, 09:59:42 AM »
I inadvertently deleted all my messages.... thus losing my cushion cover recipient ( sorted now and on its way ) and also my Linus colours  :|
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ploshkin

« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2018, 11:21:00 AM »
I can't believe how quick you ladies are.
I have to take advantage of sewing time when I can and the horrible weather gave me an opportunity.  Unusually, on this one, an idea came to me straight away so there was no prevarication on my part and the colour choice was made for me which saved many further weeks of prevaricating.

Lowena

« Reply #186 on: April 28, 2018, 12:25:20 PM »
It's winging it's way oop north......

Ellabella

« Reply #187 on: April 28, 2018, 21:42:11 PM »
I hope it's had all appropriate vaccinations and the correct visas are attached.

crafter

« Reply #188 on: April 28, 2018, 21:46:00 PM »
Awww, wish I'd taken part in this now.  Maybe next time.

Sandra

« Reply #189 on: April 28, 2018, 23:01:19 PM »
Awww, wish I'd taken part in this now.  Maybe next time.

It's been great fun but it's made a lot of us feel very insecure about our abilities.  -<

Sandra.
xxx

Lowena

« Reply #190 on: April 29, 2018, 10:13:26 AM »
I just hope it won't be refused entry @Ellabella  as an undesirable alien  :ninja:
Reminds me... when our boys were young teenagers, we stayed at Robin Hood's Bay and went to York for the day. They didn't want to walk the walls and went to the football match instead. They were full of it afterwards.... York were playing Doncaster ( both far north to my Essex boys ) and they couldn't get over the home crowd chanting....."Go home you southern bastards " to the Doncaster fans  :D

DementedFairy

« Reply #191 on: April 30, 2018, 11:11:14 AM »
I stared hard at the damned thing last night, agonised, and then, well, it's in the post, and I apologise profusely.  REALLY profusely.  Give it to the dog, or charity shop, or burn it, please  :S :'(

Meanwhile effusive praise and thanks to Ploshkin for this delight, it will be treasured [and I don't deserve it]

I shall now slink off, head hanging so low my chin has carpet burns, and never darken the dark side again

Lowena

« Reply #192 on: April 30, 2018, 11:14:50 AM »
Lovely cushion Ploshy, don't be hard on yourself @DementedFairy  and don't be a stranger to The Dark Side

Ploshkin

« Reply #193 on: April 30, 2018, 12:00:18 PM »
Thank you so much to my anonymous cushion gifter - I need to do some investigation to find out who it is.  I have done a forensic examination of the packaging to no avail.  All I deduced is that it is someone who uses Amazon.  It nearly got taken away though - fortunately I heard DH and the postman discussing the fact that they didn't know anyone round here called Ploshkin and I went and rescued it.

Anyway, here it is together with the lovely, added gift of some pieces of fabric.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

I absolutely love the design and the colours and it is not something that I would ever have put together myself.  I certainly wouldn't have contemplated using black.  It is such a perfect match for the sofabed & curtains in my sewing room that it will be living in there.  I will be getting a cushion pad next time I venture into the Metrolops. 

I think I've narrowed it down to Ellabella, Pearl or Bogwoppit
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 12:08:42 PM by Ploshkin »

Pearl

« Reply #194 on: April 30, 2018, 16:22:35 PM »
I think I've narrowed it down to Ellabella, Pearl or Bogwoppit

Ella or Bogwoppit, then.  Mine only went in the post today.   :|