The Sewing Place

The Great Cushion Cover Swap 2018

Kenora

Re: The Great Cushion Cover Swap 2018
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2018, 00:10:22 AM »
I'm signing up for this - I'll do my absolute best to make sure I complete it in time. :)

My room is mostly neutral with oatmeal suite and carpet, and cream walls. The curtains are a rich, dark terracotta/brick red with gold leaves (sounds horrible doesn't it?) and my existing cushions are in the colours of Autumn leaves - deep, dark reds, golds, dark browns.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Kenora

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2018, 19:35:37 PM »
I've pm'd my address to @Iminei as instructed in the "rules" - are we meant to do anything else?

I only ask because the start date for the swap was yesterday. I don't want to be behind before we even start. :S :)

Francesca

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 19:40:20 PM »
I'm sort of tempted to enter to try and get a little bit of a kick to do some more quilting, but I'm concerned nobody will want my wonky horrible patchwork  :P

Pearl

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2018, 20:09:38 PM »
I'm sort of tempted to enter to try and get a little bit of a kick to do some more quilting, but I'm concerned nobody will want my wonky horrible patchwork  :P

Go on, Fran.  I'm sure any of us would be delighted to have some of your earliest p&q.

Francesca

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2018, 22:42:17 PM »
OK then go on...

I'd love a cushion cover to go in my living room which is blue & grey themed with a bit of cream - now I know the design is up to the maker but to help you along my living room is distinctly "winter" themed. I wanted it to be like a cosy winter cabin but in a nice pale colourway. Our sofa is navy and our other cushions are blue-grey or natural sheepskin (cream) and we have a lot of woodland animal stuff going on (a silver stag head, and two illustrations of a hare and a wolf). Actually it's probably just easier to share the pics in the through-the-keyhole thread.

Kenora

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2018, 23:57:40 PM »
@Francesca - it's great that you're joining in. I'm sure none of us are in it to criticise anybody else's work - we all had to start somewhere, and we all have a love of P&Q. It's just a fun swap.

I do hope @wrenkins will join in too, if she hasn't already - the more the better. <3 :)

Iminei

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 07:15:31 AM »
Actually it's probably just easier to share the pics in the through-the-keyhole thread.

Blooming hell, how on earth did I miss that thread???

I think everyone is nosey when it comes to others homes .. that is after all, why the property programmes on TV are so popular isn't it ???

Its going to take me ages to read through all that !!!!

Yes, I did in the first post say that the swap would start yesterday but then Kenora was humming and hahing about whether she would be in .....

So I will put a last call out for participants in the cafe today, and I will email you your swappees tomorrow OK ????
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sandra

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 08:25:21 AM »
OK...OK....I'm in. Sorry. I thought I'd got until the end of the month to put my name down.....

I like brights, turquoise, blues, jade greens... jewel colours....that sort of thing.  I'm fairly laid back about most colours but I'm not very 'muted'  :\  or beige  :\ ....however, if beige gives you a good background to work on, that's OK....Don't overthink it.

Whoever ends up with me, enjoy yourself, get stuck in and don't stress about it...the above is a rough guide.  :)

Sandra.
xxx

wrenkins

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 08:33:54 AM »
Its going to take me ages to read through all that !!!!
Yes it does...ask me how I know... :|

I'm in! There! I've said it. & before we start, I have a feeble stash and even feebler sewing skills and artistic talent. I'm a scientist for goodness sake, but I will do my very best so far from my comfort zone that I can't even see it!!!  8)

Love greens in combo with pretty much anything and I'm not a fan of mushy!  :[

Option 1. Pink, green cream/ecru
Option 2. Gold, green, reddy orangey Autumn.
Option 3. Lucky dip...anything bold, multi, jewel colours.

I have posted pics from my laptop before but I can't seem to do it now so no more clues I'm afraid.  0_0

Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

BrendaP

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2018, 09:07:38 AM »
I've thought about this but really I have more cushions already than are needed so I've decided to pass on this swap.  I will though be watching with interest to see all the lovely makes that the rest of you receive.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

DementedFairy

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2018, 10:27:56 AM »
You know what?  Why not!
Don't expect neat tidy perfect patchwork from this Fairy though-or neccessarily conventionally twee choices of fabrics...
I only know crazy quilting and cathedral window techniques, so mine should be easy to spot lol

For myself, we have a black  sofa, mainly green soft furnishings as it stands, but we love jewel colours and eclectic looks.  Nothing mimsy, no pink, pastels or cutesy prints! [noooo bunting themes either, it would be burned]

Here's a glimpse of our living room

which is 50% library!

BEIGE IS NOT WELCOME [we even hate the cream walls, rental decision, not ours!]

I can't afford to buy more fabric for anyone either [sorry] so everything will be from my stash too, which includes all colours but the evil pink
C'est moi!

Lowena

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2018, 10:31:34 AM »
Glad so many people are joining in, it'll be great fun  :toast:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ploshkin

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2018, 10:46:33 AM »
I've been sitting on the fence (without a cushion - ouch) but with 40 days between now and the end of April I should be able to find time for a cushion cover.  So, I'm in.

Main room (kitchen / dining / living) is cream walls with a subtle dusky green wall and grey slate floor at the kitchen end, and cream walls, grey slate fireplace and light oak floor and furniture at the living end.  I have a navy blue sofa and armchair.  The back of the sofa quilt is my red, white and blue mystery quilt.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Or - My sewing room is cream walls with a terracotta sofa bed and curtains

I like strong colours or dusky colours especially blues and purples
I'm not a lover of pastels, pinks, frills or frippery.
Life's too short for ironing.

Iminei

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2018, 11:40:13 AM »
This is Fab!

Thanks to all those who are signing up,
now it will be a real swap with an element of "Who could've made a cushion cover like this??" (said in your very best strangulated Lloyd Grossman)  thrown in !!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2018, 12:02:07 PM »
Or, @Iminei  in your best Keith Lemon voice " who madet'cushion lark this? "  0_0
Triumph of hope over experience :D