The Sewing Place

The Great Cushion Cover Swap 2018

Lowena

Re: The Great Cushion Cover Swap 2018
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2018, 12:06:28 PM »
You'll be fine @Kenora  I appear to be bereft of ideas...so.....thinking cap on  :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ploshkin

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2018, 12:21:48 PM »
I was worried that I wouldn't have any inspiration for a design but an idea came to me instantly so I'm fine now (it's like when I know in the morning what I'm cooking for dinner that night and don't have to think about it any more)
Life's too short for ironing.

Ellabella

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2018, 13:57:42 PM »
Did anyone else read who their swapee is and think 'oh crickey!'? :S

Iminei

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2018, 14:25:26 PM »
Maybe we should post ONE pic of where the received cushion might be used ...

I'll start.... obvs the room looks fab as this was just after decorating ...
add a whole stack of quilts on the footstools and some WIP hanging off the picture rail and you're there...

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bogwoppit

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2018, 17:51:07 PM »
Laughing at the Miss Marple comment, I  married into the name.

I think you need to be a detective to find our lounge after multiple children have hidden it.

Lisa
Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.

Sandra

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2018, 20:59:06 PM »
I think I've sorted out which fabrics I'll be using and I've had the time to start cutting out.

I've only used fabrics from my stash and I think I've found a good combination.

Sandra.
xxx

Kenora

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2018, 21:56:27 PM »
Still thinking - the design and choice of colours is the hardest part as far as I'm concerned.  -< Might take me some time!  :S
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

wrenkins

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2018, 07:24:01 AM »
My colours have kind of picked themselves I think (but that might change) but I'm struggling with design. I'd like to do something lovely but I don't want to exceed my limited "talent".  :[
Trad or modern, loud or soft, big or wee, easy or taxing....  -<
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2018, 07:27:18 AM »
Heres a clue for you budding Sherlock Holmes's out there .....

Many of the participants also took part in Last years (and this years) BOM, you could gain an extra insight into their fabric preferences from there maybe ???

wrenkins

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2018, 07:45:41 AM »
I think I've sorted out which fabrics I'll be using and I've had the time to start cutting out.

I've only used fabrics from my stash and I think I've found a good combination.

Sandra.
xxx

Teacher's pet ya big show off!!!! :o  :ninja:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Sandra

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2018, 08:08:13 AM »
 0_0 0_0  I haven't got any further.

I saw an opportunity to make a start, so I did.
In my defence... I never know just how much work's going to arrive, and I don't want to fall behind making the cushion and get rushed.

I feel really nervous and unsure of myself. The more I'm looking at it, the more I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing....( colourwise and design)  -<

Sandra.
xxx

wrenkins

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2018, 08:12:22 AM »
I'm having a complete fit but at the moment it's the only thing keeping me sane.
My crown fell off, my car blew up, my mum's being a rocket (not news!!!  ><) I have a (not very exciting but a little unpleasant) hospital visit to look forward to... I find myself drifting off into a world of lovely cushions. Unfortunately they are not mine, but other peoples'!!!!  0_0  0_0  0_0  :gin:

Pearl

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2018, 13:40:38 PM »
I feel really nervous and unsure of myself. The more I'm looking at it, the more I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing....( colourwise and design)  -<

Sandra.
xxx

Me too, Sandra.  I haven't started but I've changed my mind several times.

The person who is making a cushion for me needn't stress as I'm insanely happy that someone is making me something.   

Iminei

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2018, 13:50:29 PM »
Man up Girls .....

As Pearl says, having somethingmade especially for you and ... by a friend ... will absolve many sins.

Not that for a moment do I think you wont make beautiful things; remember I have seen most of your work, and sometimes up close and personal!

Relax, Don't stress and ... have fun!

Do you think I know what I'm doing yet ... Oh no, no, no!!!!

Kenora

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2018, 14:10:12 PM »
I was definitely stressing about this ......... until I saw that most of us feel the same ....... now I'm trying desperately to calm down a bit. I'm still considering designs and "auditioning" them in my head (which is not necessarily a good thing). :S

I shan't be able to make a proper start until next week as I still have a mountain of things to be sorted for Mum's funeral - printing, catering, flowers etc etc. Once I've finished that I can give my attention to the cushion - which will be a pleasant relief ....... or, at least, I hope it will be. :) Until then the designs are floating around in my brain with all sorts of other "stuff".

Edited to add: I don't want anyone to stress about making a cushion for me either - I will be delighted with whatever I receive. I'm just happy to be taking part in this swap. :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 14:12:52 PM by Kenora »
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath