The Sewing Place

The Great Cushion Cover Swap 2018

Bogwoppit

Re: The Great Cushion Cover Swap 2018
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2018, 19:04:26 PM »
I've made a start, mostly because I'm not sure how much sewing time will appear during school holidays.

Two rookie errors - got my lightest fabric the wrong way up twice (spotted it after one seam phew!) Got carried away cutting and went too small with the fabric I had the least of.

Oh no - I need to go get a bit more fabric, what's the betting on I more than one piece jumping into my arms?

Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.

Ploshkin

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2018, 19:47:00 PM »
Please don't anyone get stressed if making one for me.  I don't do careful  coordination and am looking forward to a lovely surprise.
Life's too short for ironing.

wrenkins

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2018, 07:36:48 AM »
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Thing is...I know the one I'm going to get is going to be brill because I'm the littlest fish in the pond!  0_0  I don't even care what colour it is or anything. I might even redecorate to match!!!
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lowena

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2018, 10:23:38 AM »
My swappee hasn't given many clues so I hope she's flexible on colours  -< :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ploshkin

« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2018, 11:45:04 AM »
This isn't going to be hugely helpful to my swapper, we have very low light levels in the house especially on a dull day but for what it's worth:
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Life's too short for ironing.

Cheesecake

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2018, 14:11:35 PM »
Just in case might be helpful.

I haven’t started working out a design and then I will need to go fabric shopping soon after.  Looking forward to it though.

Lowena

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2018, 18:18:39 PM »
If you haven't mentioned them, please state your favourite colour as well as your colour scheme  -<
Triumph of hope over experience :D

wrenkins

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2018, 07:28:57 AM »
That's easy for me. Everything except mauves and lilacs etc. My house, when I bought it, was painted end to end chewing gum grey/mauve.  :x  Not far off the colour of plaster in fact!!!
I can even cope with red as long as it's in amongst yellows and oranges.  0_0
When I went off to rummage in my stash for this project, it turns out about 50% of it is green!  <3  :sew:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2018, 07:40:33 AM »
@Lowena @wrenkins @Ploshkin @Ellabella @Sandra @DementedFairy @Iminei @Kenora @Francesca @Bogwoppit @Cheesecake @Pearl

and in no particular order .... if you haven't already Girls, Do post a pic of your cushions soon to be new home and or favourite colours or colours you loathe to give your cushions creator a chance.

Cushions can be sent anytime between 1st and 30th April

Thank you

xxx
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2018, 08:19:13 AM »
@Iminei I don't seem to be able to upload pictures any more. I did it before but now I can't.  :(
Anyway, don't forget, I'll redecorate to match.  :loveit:
I would like to be able to show off mine when I receive it though...

Bogwoppit

« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2018, 21:47:26 PM »
Finished my vision front piecing today. Tonight it has sat on the table at our village craft group while we debated how I should quilt it, if it needed a border, what colour that should be and what colour back. No conclusions reached.

So at a standstill and awaiting inspiration. I'm a beginner and wondering how you make these decisions. So many options!

The thought that someone else is also thinking this much about making something for me is very comforting. I'm sure we will all treasure whatever comes our way. Xx
Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.

Francesca

« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2018, 21:50:31 PM »
I need to start soon as I'm slow. I'm still in the fabric selection phase. I just cannot decide!

Kenora

« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2018, 22:18:08 PM »
I haven't decided on my fabric yet either. I've done one practice piece and discarded it, so hopefully will have time to try another one tomorrow. :S
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Ellabella

« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2018, 22:27:42 PM »
I've ordered my fabric and picked my design.  I'm going to make one in fabric from stash first to check it works but as I love it and need new cushion covers that is no hardship.

Photos will have to wait until the DGSs have been tomorrow and some semblence of order returned.

Sandra

« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2018, 07:44:18 AM »
Yes. Choosing the fabric's difficult enough for yourself, but it's so much harder when you're making for someone else.

The thought that someone else is also thinking this much about making something for me is very comforting.

I agree. It's reassuring to know we're all in the same boat.

Sandra.
xxx