The Sewing Place

The Great Cushion Cover Swap 2018

DementedFairy

Re: The Great Cushion Cover Swap 2018
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2018, 21:00:38 PM »
Oh god I have problems :(

I've just finished piecing and my thing looks awful. I followed a tutorial because I don't really know what I'm doing, and two of the colours are just too similar. It looks really odd. It looks sort of wonky  :\

I have no idea what to do. I might have to scrap and start again but I'm aware the deadline is coming soon. Aghhhh.
we can sit in a corner and panic together
C'est moi!

Kenora

« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2018, 00:05:33 AM »
@Francesca - we're all anxious about our work no matter what level we're at (or think we're at ><). It's because we're making for someone else so we want everything to be perfect  <3 - and it's just not possible. I'm sure your cushionee will appreciate the work that's gone into your cover and will forgive a few small beginner "design features". :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

DementedFairy

« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2018, 08:12:39 AM »
@Francesca a few small beginner "design features". :)

ROFL
THAT'S my point.  Mine aren't beginner design features, it's my natural slapdash approach and inability [and unwillingness] to be painstaking over a cushion.  Oh dear
C'est moi!

Lowena

« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2018, 13:07:43 PM »
OMG!! I have just received my cushion cover from @Cheesecake  and it is absolutely gorgeous.........and.....double sided......with a zip!!!!!!!!
I'm awestruck and have now joined the ranks of @DementedFairy  @Francesca  et al, in panicking. My own effort looks so feeble.. and amateurish.. and, I don't even have the excuse that I'm not a quilter..... it's all I do!!!
Thank you so much Cheesecake, it'll have pride of place on the comfy wing backed chair and I'll treasure it  <3 <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

wrenkins

« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2018, 13:14:23 PM »
Oh....good....grief....
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2018, 14:06:45 PM »
I am enjoying being entertained by this thread, and thinking fu...flipping good job I didn't join in  :S  0_0

There does seem to be a lack of piccies though peeps ...

Pearl

« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2018, 14:46:51 PM »
@Kenora, THANK YOU SO much for my beautiful cushion cover!  It is SOOOO beautiful.  I LUVS it. 

I feel the same as you, @LowenaMy own effort looks so feeble.. and amateurish.. and, I don't even have the excuse that I'm not a quilter..... it's all I do!!!

I will post a pic when I've finished stroking it, @Bodgeitandscarper .

Iminei

« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2018, 14:55:14 PM »
PICS PLEASE!!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2018, 15:23:38 PM »
PICS PLEASE!!!!
Yeah, you tell 'em, Imi!!!

Cheesecake

« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2018, 15:54:23 PM »
So glad it arrived safely @Lowena

I was super thrilled to come home to find a soft package in my post box-lots of jumping up and down and squealing with glee and then much more so when I opened it up and saw it, it’s stunning. 

I love it and it’s so so nicely made, and it comes with a fantastic little poem and a bracelet I have put on straight away.  Not sure if you can make out the poem in the picture?  Also took photo of the back because love the fabric so much.  Thank you very much @wrenkins xx  0_0

Pearl

« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2018, 16:08:56 PM »
PICS PLEASE!!!!

Here she is!   :loveit: :loveit: :loveit:

wrenkins

« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2018, 16:54:41 PM »
Glad you like it Cheesecake. I love the back fabric too.  :| I ordered it on a whim and when it arrived I ordered some more.  :[  It's brighter than it shows on the screen. It fitted in with the colours so I'm pleased that you like it.
Sorry I couldn't stretch to your birthstone... 0_0
That's beautiful Kenora...I love 'em all!  :ninja:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Kenora

« Reply #162 on: April 24, 2018, 17:15:29 PM »
@wrenkins - I don't know what you were worried about [!!!!!!!!!] - your cushion is gorgeous - I love all the different coloured fabrics in the arrangement. <3

@Pearl - Glad it arrived safely and you like it. I don't know what I was worried about either [yes I do - it was nailbiting!!!!!!]. :) It's lovely to see it in its new home.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

wrenkins

« Reply #163 on: April 24, 2018, 17:21:24 PM »
@Kenora you wouldn't believe how many arrangements you can make even after you narrow it down to eight!!!  0_0 ...or maybe you would.  :D Not to mention solid centres in the Friendship Stars or not. I've aged ten years doing this!!! Loved it.  <3
How did you do that crossy over business?!?!?!  :S

Iminei

« Reply #164 on: April 24, 2018, 17:53:15 PM »
Bloody hell Girls!!!!

I thought you were making too much of a fuss over this ... Those are STUNNING!!!!!!!

Bloody Brilliant Bravo Girls, Bravo!!!!

Theres going to be a Cushionalongathon Hall of Fame for this.

and DF and Fran ... do not worry, to paraphrase Maroon 5  .... they will be loved !!!

Just get them  in the post girls!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 17:57:25 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again