The Sewing Place

My latest 1 and 3/4 makes

Samantha

My latest 1 and 3/4 makes
« on: March 12, 2018, 12:05:27 PM »
First up is another McCalls sweatshirt made with merino wool and some other stretchy fabric with a faux lace print, quick easy, still not got the neckband quite smooth though. I have plans to make another one of these in some flamingo fabric from Ditto  :D

Second is my 3/4 make - the Floating Bodice dress (freebie pattern from a magazine). 3/4 make because I haven't hemmed the bottom or the sleeves or added the hook and eye above the zip! The reason being is because it's a bit snug around the hips so need to lose a couple of pound first! I made it because I've had the pattern for a while and always fancied it but not sure if it would look any good. Anyway eventually I thought I would use the fabric I got in our sewing group secret santa and I quite like it. It's a difficult one to fit because you have to pretty much make the whole thing before you can try it on and see the fit by which time it's a bit too late to make adjustments unless you want to unpick everything. I think it would be nice in a more drapey fabric and maybe the floating bodice in a different material from the rest.

(The wonky neckline is how it's sitting on the dummy, it's ok in real life.)

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:31:10 PM by Samantha »

Ravingdoll

Re: My latest 1 and 3/4 makes
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 10:56:34 AM »
They look great Samantha. Nice fabrics too. I always seem to put my clothes wonky onto Ethel the mannequin when I photograph them for some reason!  And flamingoes!  I am just so into flamingoes this year although the SG was unequivocal in his lack of desire for a flamingo shirt.   

justpottering

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 11:12:46 AM »
I've been fancying the floating bodice dress for a while now, I've got a pattern for it, might give it a go sometime I like yours  :)
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Samantha

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 10:12:54 AM »
Thank you both, for some reason that dress fabric really sticks to the dress form like Velcro!  I thought the zip was in wonky to begin with!