The Sewing Place

Charity Swap Shop in London

Francesca

Charity Swap Shop in London
« on: March 12, 2018, 12:07:42 PM »
Hey everyone,

My friend and I are running a Charity Swap Shop in London on the 5th May.

The idea is everyone brings along a bag of fashion items (clothing, accessories, bags, shoes etc) that they no longer want and swaps them for other things at the event. The remaining items will be donated to the charity shop for SCT. A bit about SCT:

For over 50 years, we've been supporting people recovering from addiction by helping them to get clean and sober, develop self-respect and hope for a much better future.

The ticket cost is £12.50 and for this you get a glass of bubbly (or non-alcoholic option) and hot & cold snacks throughout the session. Plus a chance to mingle and chat while you "shop" the rails!

If anyone is in London and would like to come along it would mean the world to us and it should be a really fun event.

Read more and buy tickets here.

Alternatively if you can't make it to the event itself but are still interested in supporting, you could send me any nice items you have that you want to put in the swap shop. We hope to get a few items in our hands before the event starts so we can post up a taste of the items on offer.

Perhaps you have a really nice item of clothing, or hand bag or pair of shoes that are worth quite a bit but you don't just want to send away to a charity shop. Send it to me and we can show you a new person enjoying it, AND it'll encourage donation to charity. We're hoping to get a few really nice items from local businesses that we can raffle off, too.

UttaRetch

Re: Charity Swap Shop in London
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 17:26:33 PM »
I think I am pretty much down to the bare minimum of nice stuff for births, marriage and death celebrations, but will have another look in my wardrobe.  I know exactly where the venue is and can get a bus from the bottom of my road that goes right past.  I'll let you know.
What goes around comes around.

Francesca

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 20:30:48 PM »
Would love to see you again!

Don't worry if you don't have a tonne of stuff, anything is appreciated and I can say for certain I'll end up bringing quite a bit (especially as work are donating a bunch of new stuff) so I can SURELY make up your contributions! But anything helps. A nice necklace, a simple belt, anything you can offer is appreciated.

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 21:39:21 PM »
I was going through the bits and pieces of jewellery that I haven't worn since giving up work and can certainly donate the better pieces.  I'll dig them out again tomorow and take some photos.
What goes around comes around.

DementedFairy

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 22:02:34 PM »
sounds fun!
No idea if I'll make it, but will let my chaz-mad friends in London know x
C'est moi!