The Sewing Place

Adamley/Biddle Sawyers silk sale- Manchester March 18th

Tamnymore

Adamley/Biddle Sawyers silk sale- Manchester March 18th
« on: March 14, 2017, 09:38:42 AM »
Sorry about the short notice but I never seem to get on their mailing list so have just noticed this:

http://www.biddlesawyersilks.com/biddle-sawyer-silks-adamley-textiles-sale/

Some of you may remember the Adamley silk sales that I used to post on TSF. Well this is a combination of Adamley (the Macclesfield based silk printers) and their parent company Biddle Sawyer and this year the sale is at Biddle Sawyers in Manchester from 10 am-3pm on Saturday 18th March. If it is anything like past years there will be bargains in rolls (usually 2-3m) and remnants. I don't think I will go this year as I still have so much stuff from past sales (though when has it ever stopped me before???  :devil:)

Biddle Sawyer appears to be fairly near the centre of Manchester (but not in the shopping area) and not all that far from Deansgate station although I think it isn't a very pleasant walk down a busy main road past industrial units. Also a quick look on street view showed lots of double yellow lines round Biddle Sawyer so if you are planning to go it would be a good idea to phone them and ask them about parking etc.

Having said all that, if it's anything like past years there will be great bargains. I have many lovely silk linings, scarves and the occasional blouse courtesy of the Adamley silk sales!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde