The Sewing Place

The Village

rubywishes

Re: Ideas please for my village
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2018, 10:41:18 AM »
Oh I looooove the little tenty-thing, and the little flowers.......how clever are you!
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Iminei

Re: Ideas please for my village
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2018, 08:38:03 AM »
Okay so I have continued adding to the village. I have completed another house, appliqued over changed the postbox and am much happier with it, just the slot to add now but further on, on Monday I had a bit of a meltdown  :\

I'm obviously much tireder than I realise (and the fact I've been sleeping so well sort of backs this up) and after some pretty intense additions to the village I screwed something up...

Quite an important something actually.

Imself came into the house from sunbathing on the deck to find me bashing the iron on the ironing board, cursing like a navvie and (I'm so ashamed to say this) ripping the quilt  :( To be fair it was the square(s) that the iron had just melted through, so they would have had to come out at some point, but maybe just not then, or in that manner  ><

He pulled me away and ran upstairs with it .... then sat me down with a glass of wine. He was brilliant!

The next day I came back to it refreshed and sat down and worked out exactly what I had to do and, tho' its not yet finished, I think Im on my way to achieving it.

Pics and commentary if you press the i icon (like in the tuts) at the end of the album.

The continuing story of the village
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sandra

Re: The Village
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2018, 08:53:34 AM »
Ripping the quilt??!!  RIPPING the quilt??...NOOOOOOOoooooooo........

*nips over to check the linky*

Ok....ok.....it's looking good again...phew. It is fixable and nobody will know. I'm so glad it was snatched from you before anything worse happened.
Thank you Mr Iminei.

Sandra.
xxx

StitchinTime

« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2018, 09:42:41 AM »
Oh dear me, though I did have to smile at the thought of you helpless at the bottom of the stairs with the quilt rapidly disappearing out of reach.

Could you not have embroidered Godzilla rising from the waves and wreaking destruction on that part of the village?

b15erk

« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2018, 10:43:55 AM »
Imi, your patience amazes me - not surprised you snapped though, with your leg causing you so many problems.

Well done Mr Imi for saving the day!

Hope today goes well, and the progress on the quilt continues.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

maliw

« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2018, 17:52:32 PM »
The time and effort that you have put into this is amazing and the detail - well enough said. Is this going to FOQ because if it makes it I can't wait to see it.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Iminei

« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2018, 19:37:51 PM »
Yes Mali ... God willing!

Iminei

« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2018, 08:13:00 AM »
continues apace!

I had a very good day yesterday and am looking to steaming on with it ....

Firstly the abandoned house got wilded up ....

linky

If it looks a lil wonky, that bit of the quilt is curling round the corner of the wall. It needs a Keep Out Sign adding and a bit more Ivy ... any other suggestions?

Then a Village Park became ....

linky

Im a bit miffed that the iron gate is a bit off at the first top horizontal bar ... might redo, might not ... -<

The kids have a new slide ....

linky

But has anyone any ideas for this blank area at the bottom of the village ????

linky

Manuela

« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2018, 08:24:23 AM »
How about: garden gnomes, a fountain, a crashed helicopter, a construction site with digger, a statue, a lemonade stand...

PollyWally

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2018, 08:54:20 AM »
See-saw, sand pit or maypole ?

Sandra

« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2018, 08:57:51 AM »
Before I read what Manuela had written, I thought of a fountain or a water feature....erm...a helicopter crash didn't occur to me though  :S

PollyWally's idea of a sand pit might be cute with a little bucket and spade.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2018, 09:27:38 AM »
Ladies, Ladies,

may I once again remind you of the scale of things ...

Slide    1 1/2" tall x 1 1/2" long

Kiddie Car    3/4" sq

Paddling pool   1" x 1/2"

I think a bucket and spade would be cute but .....

b15erk

« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2018, 09:29:18 AM »
Train/Railway?

DD bus?

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2018, 09:33:41 AM »
Couple of goats in someone's front garden?
And as for scale/size, put Elvis to work on embroidering some titchy items  :)

Acorn

« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2018, 09:46:50 AM »
I was going to say an old banger of a car up on bricks, but I see that the people in that house have lovely clean washing out on the line, so that doesn't really work...  ;)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.