The Sewing Place

The Village

Sheilago

Re: The Village
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2018, 10:27:44 AM »
I thought maybe a parked pram, as they have such a lovely clean washing out.Although maybe people don’t park prams n their front gardens anymore!

Iminei

« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2018, 13:49:15 PM »
Yesterday I was sooooo tired when I woke that I decided not to do anything major Village wise but sewing needed to be done .. tempus is fugitting relentlessly on ..

So yesterday, after a lil 'gardening' (I finally got rid of the dreaded hand written Duck sign, I got The Opus out and as it was never designed to be hung, took the hanging sleeve and competition entry pocket off ... after a lil alteration on the width of the sleeve I sat down, bit the bullet and calmly hand-sewed the sleeve to The Black and White Jobby, next was the entry pocket and I was done!

Today, I made and attached the sleeve and pocket for The African Queens Quilt and now I'm up to date!

Tomorrow I wont have any more procrastination jobs ready and will have to get back to it ...

Oh and here's the result of my gardening efforts ....

linky
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Iminei

« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2018, 08:29:20 AM »
I need to get on with this now ... 

I've given myself a cut off date of 30th June to finish the titivating and get on with layering, quilting and binding so must get on ...

My main problem are clouds!
I want some texture, and differences in colour ...

Soaking cotton wool in paint/dye makes them fall apart, same with toy stuffing  -<
Painting onto white fabric worked quite well, it was very dark, then dried very light so more experimentation needed !

Any ideas/tips/hints will, as usual, be very much welcomed ...

Iminei

« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2018, 10:15:32 AM »
OR Should the clouds be childlike / cartoony ???????

StitchinTime

« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2018, 10:27:15 AM »
Could you use a needle felting needle to add some fibres to the sky to create clouds?

Acorn

« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2018, 10:35:03 AM »
Cotton velvet would add some texture and probably take the colour well, but it frays like a fray-y thing.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lowena

« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2018, 11:31:46 AM »
Needle felted whisps is the way to go
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2018, 13:15:35 PM »
The top is finished.
It is half layered and Im embarking on Part 2 .
I have my laptop, The Splurgess and Elvis all set up on the table and Yes Im going to need all three"

Wish me luck Please ... Im off into the unknown ......

linky
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 06:17:02 AM by Iminei »

Acorn

« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2018, 19:18:35 PM »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

sewingj

« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2018, 20:07:08 PM »
I can`t see the last picture!  Will there  be more please?

wrenkins

« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2018, 20:26:01 PM »
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 20:28:13 PM by wrenkins »
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Sandra

« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2018, 21:03:32 PM »
 <3 Love it  <3

You must be a bit fed up with it by now, @Iminei  you've spent so much time on it.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2018, 06:19:09 AM »
Heartily fed up with it and I've got a tricky bit to do now ...

Also want a 2" border, but not matt black ..... some really dark colour with a texture, any ideas???

BrendaP

« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2018, 08:12:42 AM »
A dark burgandy red - to contrast with the green.

For texture (asuming you mean a printed texture and not something like velvet!) can you find something printed with wood grain?  or something else that's almost stripey like long grass?
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

b15erk

« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2018, 09:47:00 AM »
That was similar to my thoughts BP.  I was thinking a reddish brown, glazed cotton perhaps?  I used that as background for my Horse cushion, and it worked far better than black against all the colour.

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.