The Sewing Place

The Village

Iminei

Re: The Village
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2018, 10:11:11 AM »
Mmnnn I was considering a Very dark brown ... Makowers darkest

Oh did I show you the backing ?????

(runs hobbles upstairs to take a pic)

The darkest colour in that is a very dark brown too.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

b15erk

« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2018, 10:40:43 AM »
You could be radical and go for a lovely rich dark blue.  Looking at your backing, there is quite a bit of blue in there.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

SkoutSews

« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2018, 10:44:08 AM »
Imi, that's just amazing!  I'm not a darksider *shudder*, and don't look in here often, but there is one heck of a lot of sewing in that village. And thought, and inspiration, and planning...

Snowgoose

« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2018, 11:45:20 AM »
Beautiful  :)

I agree with @b15erk, a lovely rich blue would be wonderful.  For me personally, brown would be too dull and depressing.  Such a gorgeous quilt wants a rich 'look at me' colour  :)

Iminei

« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2018, 17:17:45 PM »
You know how when you're at the beach, boiling hot and need to cool down ???
You stand at the edge of the beach, looking at the beautiful, blue, beckoning sea ...
but you know its going to be absolutely freezing ..

and then you do it, you can bare the heat no more, you run into the surf, screaming and drop down into the waves up to your neck ...
it is freezing, you can barely speak  ... and then its Okay, actually more than Okay, its bliss !

linky

and planning...

hahahhahahahahaha....God knows there's never been any planning .... it just grew!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 17:29:51 PM by Iminei »

Manuela

« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2018, 17:33:20 PM »
@Iminei it's beautiful, loooooove the ballons you added - didn't see them before.

Sandra

« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2018, 18:34:33 PM »
Absolutely beautiful.  <3

Sandra.
xxx

wrenkins

« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2018, 22:05:55 PM »
@Iminei your smoked almonds made me well up a lil bit. Nice touch.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Greybird

« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2018, 22:51:05 PM »
That is so lovely. You must be very proud!!

Iminei

« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2018, 02:35:50 AM »
Well Ladies, I know I have been absent for a while and that is because Im trying very, very hard to finish this son of a quilt ... Its been a loooong slog ..

Yesterday I spent around 6 hours .... yes really, not a typo, you read that right SIX .... trying to back the blooming thing!!!! The problem being my backing fabric is a gorgeous, but not to be recommended for backing a quilt, hstathon type fabric ....

linky

but finally after the said number of hours I was reasonably happy ... Its now too big and heavy to pin to any of my other hangings and has taken over the lounge! D'OH! (I did make a promise to Imself that our beautiful, newly decorated lounge would not become a quilt workshop/storage facility ... but hey! the whole house is a quilt workshop/ storage facility!!

Amongst the many highlights of my SIX hour marathon was feeding the Mei when she came down from a much needed nap around noon, when ... and I still don't quite know how I did this ... on the short walk from the worktop, where I smoosh up her food, to her room, where she eats, I managed to double flip her bowl which then landed on the floor t'other side of the table on which The Village was resting.

Needless to say the food which micro moments before was in said bowl had settled on said table, millimetres from the quilt!!!!! well, all but one rogue morsel which I quickly pincered off ....

To say the Mei was surprised to be asked to lick food off the table (she is after all a very well brought up Siamese) is an understatement, but she rose to the challenge and I washed the table down afterwards with Fairy and cold water. (Oh yes, did I tell you, our boiler gave up the ghost on Monday!)

I think it was during the 5th go round of pinning the backing to ensure that it was square that I decided enough was enough, that and the fact that my fingers were bleeding and sore ... and so it rests waiting for the new day ... there is enough blood, spit, sweat and tears in that thing now for it officially to be called a labour of love!

Adieu dear friends and interested parties, Adieu xxx
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 09:09:34 AM by Iminei »

Sandra

« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2018, 07:54:23 AM »
I was worried you were going to say you'd injured yourself somehow and was back to square-one with your foot.  :S

'...on the short walk from the worktop...' I was afraid to read beyond this bit, in case you went on to say something like.....  'I slipped on something on the floor, did the splits and spent a few hours at A & E again. Now back in plaster.'

Phew.

Sorry no pic showing for me at the moment, but not to worry.
You'll need a break away from this and all sewing when you've finished it.

Sandra.
xxx

fajita

« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2018, 08:42:20 AM »
What a drama. You'll need a medal of valour by the time this gets displayed.   :toast:

@Iminei pics?

b15erk

« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2018, 08:46:48 AM »
The Adventure of the Cat's Dinner!!  I'm so sorry Im, I laughed out loud at the image of the food flying through the air, and a cartoon Imi desperately trying to stop it hitting the Village....

Priceless!

Jessie

eta No Pic though  :(
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Iminei

« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2018, 09:11:42 AM »
How about now, and all pics of the whole rotton saga (reference please?) can be found

here ....

Ploshkin

« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2018, 10:43:34 AM »
@Iminei I think you should consider writing a book to accompany 'The Village' (in the style of Under Milkwood) incorporating all your trials and tribulations along the way.
Life's too short for ironing.