The Sewing Place

The Village

Iminei

Re: The Village
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2018, 17:45:26 PM »
I have done quite well today, tho' the backing might be a right bugger to line up, its bliss to sew through.

So I have quilted some gardens and outlined the skyline ... more on Sunday, tomorrow I go to the hairdresser courtesy of Imself (driving not paying) ... I currently look like cousin IT!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Ellabella

« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2018, 21:39:01 PM »
Just catching up with this thread, Imi it is wonderful but I don't get the smoked almonds reference (doesn''t help I read it as sugered almonds!).

Welling up at Fruit and Veges.

Iminei

« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2018, 12:53:33 PM »
Step away from the Village, Iminei .....

I've had to step away from TV as I have tension issues with The Splurgess.
Is it because the reel of thread is coming to an end ???

I dont know ... but that in itself behoves another problem; Im right at the end of one of my greens (Oh Yes ... Lowena is going to loooove this quilt ... so many greens!)

So what to do ... Sensible Imi has stepped away from TV, turned off TS and is tapping away on here ... better that than try to continue, lose it and go down another avenue ... No OH to snatch the offending article away you see, and if he did, this time I could be hard on his heels up the stairs!

So a break ... Should I attempt a slow walk onto town to see if I can replace the Green ??? I have used it a lot and it might be noticed if it was suddenly absent ...
Return to TV in an hour ??? hoping the tension issues are resolved?
Or lose a precious day of work ???? and come to it fresh in the morning?

Decisions,. decisions

Lizzy777

« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2018, 13:09:19 PM »
Step away from the Village, Iminei .....

So a break ... Should I attempt a slow walk onto town to see if I can replace the Green ??? I have used it a lot and it might be noticed if it was suddenly absent ... NO. It's going to be the hottest day the year and it will wear you out. So not the best idea to do that today IMHO.
Return to TV in an hour ??? hoping the tension issues are resolved? No.  Hope won't resolve the issues .
Or lose a precious day of work ???? and come to it fresh in the morning? YES definitely! That sounds like the best idea all round. Get a cold drink, chill out and relax and you will be better able to deal with it tomorrow all fresh and ready for the challenge ahead!

lizzy

Iminei

« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2018, 15:12:29 PM »
OK a day off from TV!

But I did wander very carefully and slowly into town to get some green, so I am ready to go tomorrow morning with no delays.

It wasn't too hot a walk as there was quite a strong, warm breeze ... I enjoyed it, like being on holiday in the Med!
Although my foot is complaining ever so slightly.

Sewingsue

« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2018, 16:16:24 PM »
OK a day off from TV!

But I did wander very carefully and slowly into town to get some green, so I am ready to go tomorrow morning with no delays.

It wasn't too hot a walk as there was quite a strong, warm breeze ... I enjoyed it, like being on holiday in the Med!
Although my foot is complaining ever so slightly.

Repositions glasses and directs a hard stare in a southwesterly direction.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Iminei

« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2018, 16:19:46 PM »
AAAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

I've run out of thread!!!!!!

YLI (Did I tell you for a couple of years I thought it was called YOU, then I got reading glasses!) Variegated - Great Barrier Reef!

Sandra

« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2018, 16:36:55 PM »
Are you able to get some more thread locally? There's some online at Jaycotts. Delivery usually pretty quick..within 2 - 3 days, although I realise you're running out of time.

Good luck.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2018, 16:45:07 PM »
No, nothing locally.

I have found some at The Little House of Patchwork and have bought it. I have sent them a message ... (Why do all P&Q shops close at 4pm ????) begging them to send out as soon as is possible ...

I'm using it as the bobbin thread as it matches the backing so beautifully, I have a lil left on the bobbin and this ....

linky

THIS is NOT what I need right now!

Sandra

« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2018, 16:57:23 PM »
Oh, deary me.  :(  That's a sorry sight.

Hope they send it out quickly for you.

This piece of work has been quite challenging at times hasn't it?

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2018, 17:01:26 PM »
Challenging ..... ????

Thats the PC word for it, right!

Iminei

« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2018, 06:50:56 AM »
Just been emailed by shop ... They haven't got this colourway in stock .... HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Pearl

« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2018, 07:01:55 AM »
 :o :o :o

Sandra

« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2018, 07:02:31 AM »
Jaycotts?

Sandra.
xxx

StitchinTime

« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2018, 07:07:22 AM »
I’d give Jaycotts a ring and see what they can do. Lady Sew and Sew also have some on their website if you want to try them too.