The Sewing Place

Flowers!

jen

Flowers!
« on: March 17, 2018, 06:44:37 AM »
I don’t normally show my face in this section of the forum,  but crochet is turning out to be a good occupation right now, and I’m churning out vaguely floral bits in thickish wool DD got for me at the local discount store. They haven’t got a project home yet, but maybe cushion cover, blanket, wrap or kimono type top? She got me shades of mauve and a black.

Pearl

Re: Flowers!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 07:06:38 AM »
Do you have pics, please, Jen?  I'd love to see them.

jen

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 09:45:01 AM »
They aren’t that special Pearl, just simple shapes from a basic book, but it’s a good occupation, because working one by one, I’m not going to lose my place in a big way. As the yarn is thick they grow quickly. I have a book with more ambitious ones, 100 flowers the knit and crochet by Leslie Stanfield. I imagine throwing a few of those in to the mix later.

Morgan

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 12:17:28 PM »
if you fancy a change, these slipper socks are a straight forward make and I love the crocodile stitch.  I like that I could pause the video to follow along.  A neat decrease method is used.
(English Crochet version of ) Stitches used are -
Chain, Double Crochet (DC) and Treble (TR)
The crocodile stitch is made over 2 rows and uses chain and trebles.

Part 1 (the sole and upper)
Part 2  (the crocodile stitch ankle)
(I just had to get used to Kiki using different terms for the stitches - eg. for treble she says a double crochet, for a double crochet she says single crochet)

There is an astonishing number of video tutorials/demos of different styles of slipper socks

Perhaps try some ballet shoe type slipper socks and use some of your flowers to make them more interesting - a look book type video for ideas

jen

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 17:45:49 PM »
They’re really nice Morgan!