The Sewing Place

Planning ahead

sewmuchmore

Planning ahead
« on: March 17, 2018, 09:06:45 AM »
OK, so perusing the half price sale of Butterick patterns and this is in the Whats New section. Is it me or is Christmas getting earlier.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Tamnymore

Re: Planning ahead
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 09:24:22 AM »
Hmm another part of global warming and strange weather!! I think the likely explanation is that these patterns came out on the US website as their Winter/Holiday collection before the end of last year. There's a newer spring collection on the US site which we wiĺl get in the UK in a few weeks.

On the other hand it is starting to snow so maybe we should be sewing snowmen!  :D
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 09:52:09 AM »
My browser has decided that Sew direct does not a secure connection :angry: The Spring patterns should be up soon following on from Vogue and McCall's.

Kwaaked

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 11:38:58 AM »
Yeah they were out in the US right before Xmas.

Honestly though, I'd rather see them now so I could eventually get off my bum and have them made for the holiday and not, you know, right at Thanksgiving in the US when I have to bake, and cook and try to convince my 6 year old that a "figgy pudding" is not what she thinks it is and I really don't want to do a Victorian Holiday straight out of Mrs. Beeton, thanks.

I don't get much sewing done from the 4th Monday of November to about the middle of January anyway. I got to make that figgy pudding, you know.   :[