The Sewing Place

Duh !!

Didi

Duh !!
« on: March 18, 2018, 15:10:49 PM »
I haven't done any sewing for a very long time combination of a new job and my thyroid problem and lupus both deciding to have a party at the same time !

Anyway starting to feel more human and getting used to the new job demands so decided to make up the Jane overshirt  from StyleArc that I have had ready for ages. It's a pretty straightforward shirt  pattern - or would be if my brain was in full gear! Just have the button holes and cuff to do and was pressing the sleeve when I realised I had the back piece back to front !! With the wrong side of the fabric out. :angry:

It's quite prone to fraying and as I have machine sewn the yoke using the Burrito method I really can't be bothered unpicking the whole thing which is what I would have to do and figure mean as I didn't notice until I was pressing it nobody else will  ;)

Next question is will my ever increasing tummy fit in it - combination of huge weight gain thanks to thyroid and inability to exercise because of the lupus - if not I will just leave the bottom couple of buttons open.  Hopefully will get the buttons this week and get it finished

Iminei

Re: Duh !!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 15:27:34 PM »
Nice to see you back honey !!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Didi

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 15:39:28 PM »
Thanks, been a tough few months but getting there. Looking forward to finding my way around the forum again

Surest1tch

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 22:28:56 PM »
If you like it the way it is, leave it, the final effect is your design not style arc's and unique to you

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 22:34:39 PM »
Welcome back.  :toast: I'm glad you're well enough now to play with fabrics again. Chronic health issues can be so annoying.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Acorn

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 08:29:18 AM »
I would definitely keep it that way and call it a design feature.  Could you add something on the front - a pocket, say - that also has the fabric the 'wrong' way round?
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

jen

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 07:38:08 AM »
Welcome back Didi. I’m glad things have quietened down enough for you to get back in the fray  :toast: