The Sewing Place

The Dark Side is Calling

Lowena

The Dark Side is Calling
« on: April 02, 2018, 11:07:48 AM »
I haven't ventured into the workshop since the end of January  :o
The weather has been gloomy and miserable and so have I...... but........no longer
While it's been so miserable I have snuggled indoors with my needle felting ( see attachment for the sort of things I make ) but, no more....... I have my Fancy Forest quilt to finish and my cushion cover to make, then lots of ideas spinning around my head ... hoorah  :D
I was going to have my machine serviced ( I can't clean it / defluff it myself as I can never get it back together again  :| ) but as I'm now raring to go there's no time  :sew:
I have 3 quilts I made ages ago to go to Linus and that'll free up space in the crate...so.....it's all systems go.....watch this space!! :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lowena

Re: The Dark Side is Calling
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 11:09:26 AM »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Whoops..... nearly forgot him  :D

maliw

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 11:30:17 AM »
Awwww, he's cute. Glad you are feeling better about things although looking out at our weather  ------- oh I believe it may have just stopped raining.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Ploshkin

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 11:42:57 AM »
I love your teddy Lowena.  How did you find the needle felting to do?.  My mum is 89 and still sews, knits and crafts.  Her eyesight isn't brilliant at the moment but hopefully she will be having treatment for at least one of her cataracts soon.  Even though she still manages quite fiddly stuff like little Jean Greenhow toys.  I was thinking of getting a needle felting kit for her to have a go at as she's always up for trying something new but don't really know what it entails (apart from stabbing stuff with a big needle).
Glad to here you are returning to the dark side with new found enthusiasm.
Life's too short for ironing.

Lowena

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 13:09:49 PM »
Thanks girls. :)
That's about it @Ploshkin . Get her a beginner's kit to start with ( I did a seal which I was given for Xmas ) and in it she'll have... needles, thick foam pad, wool, instructions and any extras needed ( eg. eyes ) I love it and so have added to my supplies  :) You pull off chunks of wool, loosely roll them and then repeatedly stab with a needle ( mind your fingers, the needles are barbed ) shaping as you go. It's very theraputic and if you make mistakes you just add or cut away wool as needed. I have just bought some finger protectors which means I can stab quicker  :D
I've just signed up for the Linus project that imi has posted about so I hope my Mojo stays around for a while  ;)

Lowena

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 18:46:47 PM »
She's on the way to being finished.... tomorrow is my last " felting not quilting! day, as I'll be listening to the recorded cricket all day in the sitting room.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Sheilago

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 08:39:50 AM »
Love your little teddies, they’ll need their scarves today. Still snowing here and it’s 4 April! Hope it’s warm enough with you for you to get to your workshop.

Lowena

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 09:25:11 AM »
Thank you Sheila, :) that's my intention  :angel: