Lowena

Re: Aaaarrggggghhhh....I've got wisps!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 14:16:15 PM »
Not been sandpapering any balls whisps, have you @rubywishes  :devil:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

rubywishes

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 23:09:33 PM »
Why goodness me no......honestly, it was just a piece of cloth I use to wipe my sewing machine with!!

OMG the press and the outrage we have had over here you would not believe. The majority of the public here are screaming and want to send the 3 blokes to a penal settlement....oh oops...hang on, that's where we are isn't it! What a blooming silly thing to do. I know plenty of others from other countries have been caught and punished in the past but you always hope that "your lot" are above all that. :( I guess what really shocked everyone over here is that it seems that the 3 of them discussed and planned it rather than it being one individual doing "a dumb thing"; it was a deliberate and calculated plan to deceive. Warner is not as well liked over here as the other 2 and there is quite a bit of sympathy for the young bloke who obviously felt pressured by his captain and vice captain.

Now I have to go and tamper with my morning toast!!! LOL
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Lowena

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 10:10:23 AM »
Same over here @rubywishes  People feel sorry for Cam. Bancroft as he was probably put in an untenable position. Shocked at Steve Smith who we've always held up as a good captain and a good bloke........ not surprised at Davey Warner - to say he's unpopular here would be an understatement  ;) Hey ho, these things will pass,  :)
Have you got the next project in mind yet Rubes? I'm supposed to be doing the cushion cover and Project Linus competitions but I just can't motivate myself to get going  :| Still, the deadlines are not upon me yet  :D

supergran

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 20:33:12 PM »
I had to read the last few posts several times, wondering what on earth I'd missed, then I remembered you were both into cricket or some such sporty thing. That's the thing about the balls, right???  :o

Lowena

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2018, 11:08:14 AM »
Yep @supergran  cricket it is..... :D