The Sewing Place

Bloglovin's 'No view without subscription' grrrh!

Marniesews

Bloglovin's 'No view without subscription' grrrh!
« on: March 19, 2018, 15:58:38 PM »
 :S :S :S

I complained about this some time ago (TSF I think) and was given a fix - by @Francesca perhaps? It drives me crazy that they insist you subscribe to one of their blogs before you even get to read it and decide if you want to add yet another subscription to your email bucket!

The fix had been working but the darkness has descended again with the subscribe or bu**er off message and we can't remember what we did last time, or find a note on it - perhaps they've got around it. I refuse to be bullied and would prefer not to read their stuff than submit although it's frustrating.

Any ideas?
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Francesca

Re: Bloglovin's 'No view without subscription' grrrh!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 16:40:15 PM »
Bloglovin' is an aggregator for other blogs. Just google the blog name yourself and read it at your leisure.

For reference, the fix is an ad-block extension (search Adblock Plus on Google Chrome extensions) that lets you delete the overlay on the page to read the contents "underneath".

Marniesews

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 16:53:42 PM »
Doh! That easy?! I'll try that and now you mention Adblock I'm sure that is how we did it previously.

Thank you!  :D
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 16:58:28 PM »
@Marniesews: that's what I don't like about pinterest.  It's presumption and you shouldn't be made to sign up like some dictatorship.

@Francesca: I have yet to find anything that can deal effectively with overlays as there seems to be an ever changing code.

Marniesews

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 17:35:04 PM »
@... that's what I don't like about pinterest.
So much not to like about pinterest, some done by users such as incorrect links and misleading descriptions but also the pinterest setup with its revised ordering of boards that was good previously and now it's rubbish - and especially they're nagging.  :S

On the other hand it's still a useful tool for searching and retaining my own links so I try to keep my eyes straight ahead when I'm using it.

Francesca

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 19:08:20 PM »
I love Pinterest, it helps me collect my thoughts in a visual way which works best of all for me. I don't really think it's a problem to have to sign up to use a site. Websites costs money to run.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 20:19:56 PM by Francesca »

Marniesews

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 20:04:42 PM »
I can entirely understand what you love about it Fran but it certainly comes with its own frustrations.

I like what it can do but get extremely frustrated that you can no longer simply drag a board to sit between two others without one of them being forced to leap into the empty space. That's not how it used to work and this is a real retrograde step, it shouldn't be a logic game we're forced to play!

a number game, much simpler than managing 50+ boards - ironically an image from Pinterest  ;)