The Sewing Place

Simplicity 215 - the trolley dolly outfit

Ravingdoll

Simplicity 215 - the trolley dolly outfit
« on: March 19, 2018, 20:22:39 PM »
I wasn’t sure whether to put this in my diary or here, so I’ll cross reference.  Hope that’s okay.  I made the woven rather than the knit jacket.  I’ve made it out of the packet, no alterations at all (size 14).  It’s very grown up for me!   But then that is why I made it, it is for my meetings with MASH and social services etc.  I am not sure that the fabric is entirely gutsy enough really now that I’ve made it.  However, in a way that’s good because I can wear it a few times and see how I feel about it, and if it turns out to be a good work staple then I’ll up the fabric quality. 

And I’ve tried to ‘dollify’ it with the brooch!  It’s not me with without a bit of kitsch. 

Renegade Sewist

Re: Simplicity 215 - the trolley dolly outfit
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 20:43:12 PM »
Oh goog Lord. Is that a palm tree chained to a poodle?  >:) Tell me it's vintage Bakelite. That is so cool, maybe even better than my transparent red scimitar.

The suit is nice too
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Ravingdoll

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 20:45:06 PM »
It is faux vintage but hey, how can you beat a poodle and a palm tree?!  Although I do have some pretty good runners, some even Bakelite!   Thank you re suit. 

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 21:37:53 PM »
Lovely suit @Ravingdoll and very nicely sewn. Grown up but not too grown up. Great brooches!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Lachica

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 20:07:22 PM »
It looks great, ideal for warmer weather when (if) it arrives.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.