The Sewing Place

Another one from the US

jesster

Another one from the US
« on: March 20, 2018, 20:45:46 PM »
Hi everyone
I found you through a post by Manuela on another forum (thank you Manuela).  I'm recognizing some names from other places as well.  Such a nice group here!

I live in the northeastern US (we still have snow) and am so looking forward to seeing something green again.  Meanwhile, I keep busy with mostly garment sewing for a casual lifestyle, a little bit of quilting, a little bit of knitting and hopefully a bit of  gardening sooner or later.  I love flowers but I'm not up to major digging any more so they mostly go in pots now.

Looking forward to reading more and posting when I actually have something to contribute.  I'm not much of a talker - usually. ;)

KDC

Re: Another one from the US
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 20:51:52 PM »
From one newcomer to another — welcome! :)

Ellabella

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 20:53:38 PM »
Hi jesster, nice to meet you.

You'll find plenty to read here, we are a very friendly bunch.

Pearl

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 20:54:29 PM »
It's so lovely to have so many new playmates come to join us.  Welcome to you both.   :drink: :cake:

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 20:56:12 PM »
Jesster welcome to The Sewing Place!  :flower: :flower: :flower: They've welcomed our recent North American invasion with open arms. Such a friendly bunch. Hope you enjoy it here.  :cake: Do post now and then. I suspect we amuse them with some of the things we say.  ;)
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Sewingsue

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 22:18:15 PM »
Welcome, Jesster.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

fajita

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 22:19:04 PM »
Welcome, Jesster  :drink:

Greybird

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 22:54:23 PM »
Welcome Jesster. How far Northeast are you? We were in New Hampshire some years ago for my daughter's wedding. Absolutely beautiful!

Kenora

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 23:56:00 PM »
Hi Jesster - great to see you here, and also great to hear of someone else who has snow. We don't see it that often so we tend to make a big thing of it in the UK. :S I do agree with you though that it will be lovely to see lots of green when Spring finally starts to appear. :flower: Big tick for gardening in pots too - I had over 120 at last count.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 00:00:27 AM by Kenora »
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Marniesews

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 00:42:38 AM »
Hello and welcome from me too. Did you guys get a block booking on the boat?
I'm not much of a talker - usually.  ;)
Well that's something you'll have to change! The more the merrier.  0_0  |O  :D
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Manuela

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 05:50:06 AM »
Welcome Jesster, nice to see you here  :)

Stitches

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 06:25:55 AM »
Welcome jesster

UttaRetch

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 08:41:26 AM »
Welcome Jester to our little place.

I suspect we amuse them with some of the things we say.  ;)

@Renegade Sewist: I'm also on PR, so am used to the differences. :D

jesster

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 14:00:22 PM »
What a lovely warm welcome!  Thank you all.  I'll try to speak up, but you may regret that if I really get going  ;)

As for the common language that sometimes divides us, I'm more likely to start using "British-isms" (and probably incorrectly, so forgive me in advance).  I love language and pick up phrases, then forget where they came from.  Sometimes people take it the wrong way - it's not mockery, just something I liked and promptly stole!

Greybird, I'm very near NH and pass through regularly on trips.  It is very lovely and a favorite shopping spot for the area as there is no sales tax there. :D

Nevis5

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2018, 15:31:57 PM »
Welcome from me too  :toast:  we spent a lovely holiday in your area a couple of years ago (leaf peeping).  Such beautiful scenery!   Hope the greenery starts coming through soon, we're truly sick of the snow, ice and cold here too  :\