The Sewing Place

Woolly nylon thread

Efemera

Woolly nylon thread
« on: March 23, 2018, 10:23:53 AM »
Anyone know the best place to buy it from....I could kick myself..in the 80s I had dozens of reels of the stuff but chucked it all out!

Vezelay

Efemera

Re: Woolly nylon thread
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 21:35:42 PM »
Thanks for that.. at 50p it’s worth trying.

Vezelay

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 23:17:49 PM »
You found it but if anyone else is wondering, this is the the correct link I meant to post for the C9store stuff http://www.c9store.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=203, and if you like it Efemara you can buy a box of 36 on Amazon here  :)

Marniesews

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 02:40:01 AM »
It's not really open to the public but I've been able to pop to the C9store and pick up large cones of woolly nylon the dance school is across the road from them. It's not really open to the public and the big cones aren't listed on the website but if you contact Emily I'm sure she'll be able to send them in the post and do the transaction over the phone. She's very helpful.

She doesn't have the full range of colours in the big cones but I think it was something like £4 a cone without p&p (may have got that wrong but it was very cheap). I don't use loads of it but I've had no problems whatsoever.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 18:27:02 PM »
You can get 10 x 1000 cones for £5 or 4 x 5000 cones from Tyesew it is very nice thread, not at all woolly but a really nice quality and sews beautifully.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Morgan

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 18:43:11 PM »
Nova Trimmings for polybulk 80s - you can also buy the needle threads to match

Good for Zips too