The Sewing Place

Twice in 24 hours with Elvis ...

datcat23

Re: Twice in 24 hours with Elvis ...
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 01:45:15 AM »
I love your labels, but I understand how its hard to come to grips with knowing what to do with this beast of a machine. 

I am planning to use my new girl (she isn't named as yet) to make embroidered lace bauble covers, as gifts at the end of the year, for the people I work with.
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

Celia

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 08:11:07 AM »
Well I'm getting the hang of programming the software, positioning etc.

Elvis is actually a doddle as he stitches beautifully as you can see.

I think my problem is (apart from Labels) I don't know what to do with Elvis !

Now there's a confession!!!

I have to admit to having a similar problem, even though I teach these machines as I told you, over the years I know struggle to find what I want to do.  I am a plain sole by heart, I am attracted to simple styles and clean lines so embroidery is not always my thing.
I don’t have children to do things for and there is a limit to how many cushions one wants.  I also hand embroider ( not a lot).
Always looking for ideas so would be great to see other peoples items.

Lowena

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2018, 10:21:51 AM »
@Iminei and @Celia  Go to EWM and Bon Marche for inspiration........ elbow the ancients out of the way and you'll be overwhelmed by choice  :devil: :D :D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:27:28 AM by Lowena »
Triumph of hope over experience :D