The Sewing Place

Hello from Essex!

Hachi

Re: Hello from Essex!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 08:10:04 AM »
Hello Spencer 0_0
I used to do cross stitching but never tried embroidery and I just bought an embroidery class on Craftsy. I may not have enough creativity for embroidery (you know, for cross stitch, all I have to do is to follow the instruction and I can make it exactly the same as the sample) but I'm very interested.
Post your embroidery project photo!

Iminei

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2018, 10:42:58 AM »
I like your funny avatar.

Utta!!!! :o  You don't know that's an avatar?!!!   ;)
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Kenora

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 17:30:14 PM »
Hi Spencer - great to meet you. I used to do cross-stitching too until my eyes decided it was time to stop. You're sure to find a wealth of inspiration for all sorts of crafts on here - some that you may not even have heard of. :S Whatever you do - enjoy it.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Deafoldbat

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 19:20:57 PM »
Glad you've joined us.

Cross stitch is only the beginning! Beware the Dark Side (patchwork & quilting) and the vintage machines....you know you'll want to. Heh! heh!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2018, 08:31:19 AM »
Welcome! Enjoy your new found pastimes as you stroll around here.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Lolli

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2018, 19:11:13 PM »
Welcome to TSP Spencer, this is a great forum....enjoy!  :flower:

wrenkins

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2018, 08:09:12 AM »
Welcome @Spencer.
Some of the finest embroidery I ever saw was done by an 18st, toothless, scary looking, Glaswegian submariner! He was a teddy bear really and while his pals knit, he sewed. They had to pass the time somehow apparently!  :D
Enjoy the forum...but don't listen to the Sirens...they lead you out of your comfort zone!!!!!  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Spencer

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2018, 09:48:07 AM »
Welcome from another newbie  :) .  Are you doing embroidery by hand or on a sewing machine?

By hand... at the moment ;)

Spencer

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2018, 09:54:42 AM »
Just wanted to thank everyone for their warm welcome and kind words. If I have missed any questions please accept my apologies, it was lovely to log in today and see all these messages and all the encouragement.

Thank you all!

UttaRetch

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2018, 15:00:52 PM »
Did you catch Make! craft Britain?