The Sewing Place

Hi there .... Errrmmmm I have a question ...

Missie

Re: Hi there .... Errrmmmm I have a question ...
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 08:25:56 AM »
Unpick an inch or so of casing, [or just slit it on the inside if you can't]  pull up the elastic, and yeah, just sew out what you want to remove, then cut off the excess, let it boing back into the casing, and sew back down again.  Five minute job, and one of the few alterations I can be arsed to do!

Personally at only an inch or so, I wouldn't even bother cutting off the excess! But otherwise, I'd do this!

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 10:33:06 AM »
There you go, Imi, you CAN sew, it wasn't difficult was it??  0_0

wrenkins

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 12:41:15 PM »
I had that business with jammas at Christmas. I peered closely at the teeny tiny stitches, made a half-assed attempt at unpicking the elastic and threw them in the bin. Life is too short!  :ninja:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

DementedFairy

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 18:56:56 PM »
ruddy perfectionists!  lol
C'est moi!

wrenkins

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2018, 07:35:52 AM »
ruddy perfectionists!  lol
Lazya*ses more like!
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Gernella

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2018, 15:07:45 PM »

Imself has (intentionally) lost quite a lot of weight in the last couple of months and has asked me to 'take in' his Jim Jam bottoms.

Do what I did just over 42 years ago, hide them, he'll soon get used to it and from what I've read recently it's better for you. ;)
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Iminei

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2018, 16:33:35 PM »
God NO!!!!   :o

I've only just got him into them!!

He used to laze around either in just his dressing gown (rolling eyes emoji)  :S  or his work clothes which can be quite dirty due to his job and I think its always nice to get out of day clothes and into something more sloopy when you are at home alone.

I personally wear some BAM jog bottoms (or jim jams after a bath) but I would never leave the house in them.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again