The Sewing Place

A dumb nut question.

Catllar

A dumb nut question.
« on: March 29, 2018, 16:13:44 PM »
I currently  talk to you lot on my Macbook. I take photos on my Samsung Android phone. How can I get TSP onto my phone so I can share pix direct from my phone? Or must I always go through DropBox?

@Acorn @Francesca @MrIminei
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 16:26:23 PM by Iminei »
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Roger

Re: A dumb nut question.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 16:59:30 PM »
Just use the browser to come to the site, on an android device, the browser is probably chrome. Login and the site works great... I’m currently doing this from my iPhone...
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

Catllar

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 09:46:48 AM »
Ok, so I'm half way there - got the site onto the phone but can't load pix directly as I don't seem to have a TSP button-y  icon thing to share to.

Lolli

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 13:16:01 PM »
I only ever use my Samsung phone on here, can't be bothered switching on the laptop.

To post pics, go to the bottom of your post and click on attachments. You can then choose pics from your phone's storage

Catllar

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 13:27:46 PM »
OK, I'll try again. Thanks. :flower:

Catllar

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 13:46:56 PM »
Hmm, not a great success I'm afraid. Talk me through this in idiot terms - I write my post, I choose attachment select file - so far so good but then what?
1)There's a couple of icons at the bottom - camera being one of them, but that doesn't get me into my gallery, just allows  me to take a picture. :S

2) If I manage to open my gallery  on another tab then I've lost the TSP page and can't for the life of me see how to select the relevant picture or how to transfer it..   Will it automatically go into attachment  once I select it.

I will do this!

SkoutSews

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 14:29:31 PM »
This is a dumb nut question too, if it's too cheeky please feel free to give me a virtual kick! Are you logged in when accessing the site on your phone?

I have a Samsung phone too, but the 'attachments and other options' tab doesn't give me a camera icon, just three tick boxes and an 'Attach' bit with a 'Choose file' button.

Lolli

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 15:12:11 PM »
Click on attachments, then click on 'my files' when it pops up. Then click on internal storage, then find DCIM in the list.....your camera pics will be in there. Choose the pic you want and press 'done' at the top.

I'm always logged on, I just have the internet tab for TSP there in the background all the time.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 15:15:14 PM by Lolli »

Lolli

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 17:23:13 PM »
It's not always DCIM. That part depends on what phone you have.

As far as I'm aware it is with all Samsung phones. 

Roger

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 17:29:14 PM »
@Skout,

You do have to sign in... but if you have then yes. :)
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

Catllar

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 21:02:01 PM »
I'm logged in - I'll look at it again tomorrow - my head aches now! :S