The Sewing Place

Yes, the show will go on

Catllar

Yes, the show will go on
« on: March 29, 2018, 16:48:06 PM »
Wish I could say the same for my mojo. Lost it totally. Got all this fabric staring at me and I keep walking away and shutting the door. I'll just put it down to longterm jet lag I think. Must get a grip next week.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Lollipop

Re: Yes, the show will go on
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 20:43:55 PM »
Ah, welcome back Catlar - long time no hear!!
Sorry to hear you've lost your mojo and hope you get it back soon.  <3
Was Sewnanny

Lolli

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 21:07:49 PM »
Oh I hope you get your mojo back soon too!  :flower:

Marniesews

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 01:00:37 AM »
It won't take long I'm sure. I've never had a holiday break as long as yours (more's the pity) but I often find I come back home even after the loveliest holiday feeling I need a bit of a rest when I get back!

Just do some mental sewing for a few days and you'll soon want the real thing.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Catllar

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 17:04:17 PM »
Went to see my man in Spain yesterday and came home with 36 metres of fabric which is washed and ready to go. Still no mojo, but have a good reason now. Finally gave in and went to  doctor this morning and I have chest infection for which she's given me 15 days of antibiotics and got a good telling-off for not going sooner. She sent me for an X-ray and it ain't pretty.

Catllar

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 22:15:13 PM »
Mojo back! Feel a lot better, started sewing today!

Yellowfeather

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 12:47:17 PM »
Glad to have you back and feeling better C.  Sewing mojo is very important when there is a show to costume.

Catllar

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 13:03:39 PM »
I think what has helped ( apart from feeling a lot better) is that the president asked for help on my behalf ( without asking me first) and selfish that I am  I don't want it. I've had help before and the resulting hiatus in waiting for stuff to be done and come back to me is worse that ploughing on alone and the cutting out was bloody terrible.

MitchOfTheNorth

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 04:35:16 AM »
After sewing for the local dance school for years, I don't miss it.  I'm sure as DD1 is planning a professional contemporary dance career that I will get asked on occasion to costume a production - that's OK but I am absolutely over the crazy deadlines, 3 time a year, and year after year.  I've offered my services to the 2 youth companies that she danced with but so far all has been quiet.

And I always felt the way that you do, Catllar.  I never let other people cut out - it was just too stressful.  With tight deadlines, if they messed up, I'd have been up the creek without a paddle.
Stashbusting 2022
Goal:  50 meters
Total:  32.5 meters

Catllar

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 14:20:25 PM »
So I'm not on my own then MOTN about the cutting out help - thought I was being precious! :*

Yellowfeather

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 12:44:53 PM »
I am the same C, I have tried using the 'help' before, but it never comes back the way I want it, or so badly cut it is unusable etc...  I thought it was just me being too OCD about it.

Catllar

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 20:47:59 PM »
Here's a good one - was given 2.5 metres of fabric 100cm wide and asked if I could make 5 full circle skirts each almost 40cms deep out of it - errr no. :S

Yellowfeather

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 05:39:56 AM »
I know you are a miracle worker, but Seriously!!!!! :angry: :angry:

Catllar

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 22:16:23 PM »
They really have no idea. What I've done is to cut out what I could from the yardage and then on Thursday I'll take in my results together with the leftover bits and show them how the jigsaw puzzle works. I really think they don't believe me. -<

Catllar

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 22:44:16 PM »
 Something useful today - Someone gave me 5 brand new dresses today for turning into flamenco frocks! They will be perfect for our classical spanish - Brilliant - they just need  some sleeves and a bit of trim and that's one group done!