The Sewing Place

Embedding pictures

Mocarroll

Embedding pictures
« on: March 30, 2018, 13:38:13 PM »
Sorry to be so dumb but I was trying to put four pictures into my thread in Members Diary. Used Fran’s excellent tutorial and watched the You Tube, thank you.  Only problem is tha I could only get one picture to appear. Tried again with a second post and couldn’t get anything to appear. The url was there but when I posted all I got were little squares in the text. What am I doing wrong.

Iminei

Re: Embedding pictures
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 14:49:59 PM »
This happens to my pics all the time ... are you selecting them from your computer or another place such as google pics/Picasa ... if the latter, make sure you have 'shared;' them before copying the img address.

Im sure the techbods can help further .... @Acorn @Francesca @MrIminei
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 17:28:46 PM »
@Mocarroll: do all your picture files end in .jpg or .png?  I prefer Lunapic for handling pictures and you can upload to the site from your computer, resize and then grab an Imgur link for re-posting here.  Lunapic keeps nothing on it's servers, so no need to worry if like me, you are a little paranoid. 0_0

Mocarroll

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 16:18:39 PM »
Hi Fran
This is the post I was having trouble with, am away at the moment with intermittent access to internet so apologies if there is a delay in responding.  Many thanks
Mocarroll
https://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php/topic,3899.0.html