The Sewing Place

Bernina foot controll

Alangus

Bernina foot controll
« on: March 30, 2018, 14:09:03 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Hope you are enjoying Easter weekend. The foot controll on my Bernina 330 has stopped working. It had been odd in the past - id press on it and nothing would happen, do it again and it would be fine. The machine works using the stop start switch. Im not sure, though, whether it is the machine itself or the foot pedal. Im wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if its a known or common problem?

Celia

Re: Bernina foot controll
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 10:34:05 AM »
If the machine works with the stop start button I think it must be the foot control, can you possibly borrow one to try.

Bloobell

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 14:05:58 PM »
If the machine works with the start/stop btton, then that points to the foot control being the problem. If it was a bit unreliable for a while, it's maybe a wire that's loose or broken, within the cable. How much would a new foot control cost?

Lyn-J

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 14:36:26 PM »
I had a similar problem and it was the foot pedal. If you live close to a dealer you could pop in and ask to try it on another machine.

Alangus

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 12:08:27 PM »
Thanks everyone. I found a dealver closeish so Im going to pop in to check it out. Ill let you know what the diagnosis is.

Al

Alangus

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 12:24:38 PM »
Thanks for your help - it was indeed the foot controll. I got it serviced at the same time so its working a dream now.