Cinema dress

Efemera

Cinema dress
« on: April 13, 2018, 09:44:08 AM »
Anyone made this?

Nevis5

Re: Cinema dress
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 10:02:43 AM »
No, but it's in my sewing queue and has been forever!  The problem is it needs so much fabric!  None of my many lengths in stock come even close to the fabric requirement :(  I do like the style, would love to see it made up if you do it  :devil:

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 10:46:18 AM »
First dress I've seen for a while that I really like.  Although I do think it looks a bit big on the model.

Love the colour, but it would be nice in a blue chambray too....

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Missie

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 10:58:10 AM »
I've come across this and fleetingly considered it but gathering over the old mum-tum really doesn't look great on me and I'd have to change the pattern.  So that and an FBA means too much work for me to be bothered!

SkoutSews

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 11:03:32 AM »
There was a thread about it a few months back Liesll & Co Cinema dress

It caught my eye at the time as a good, wearable style.

Bogwoppit

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 11:34:01 AM »
I've made the girls version. Hide and seek tunic for my friends daughter.  Planning to make more.
Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.

Efemera

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 14:40:42 PM »
I’ve ordered the pattern so it’s next on the list.

Kad

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 18:25:28 PM »
I made it either at the end of last year or early this, in an embroidered cord with slight stretch. I love it and although I'm 6'tall I  had enough fabric left over for a short A-line skirt for DD.
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

SiSnow

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 09:23:26 AM »
I made it last summer with some striped chambray I picked up in a charity shop. It's a pretty summer dress and was straightforward to make