The Sewing Place

New patterns from Deer and Doe

UttaRetch

New patterns from Deer and Doe
« on: March 15, 2017, 10:06:24 AM »
Deer and Doe have issued a new mix and match collection.  See them here.  I like this simplified trenchcoat

although it's unlined.  I see florals.  0_0

Francesca

Re: New patterns from Deer and Doe
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 10:08:07 AM »
I do love their patterns but they're for a waifish shape and haven't previously done Plus. Is this a change for them?! I wonder if they will consider redrafting their older designs into plus as I really love some of them.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:10:01 AM by Francesca »

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 11:51:10 AM »
More about the plus size range:

... extended our size chart up to a size 52, which is the largest size we can get from grading up our base block.

We all know of patterns that have not been properly scaled up, so it might be a gamble buying one of these.

Francesca

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 12:41:38 PM »
More about the plus size range:

We all know of patterns that have not been properly scaled up, so it might be a gamble buying one of these.

Oh, ouch. No thank you. Seems it'll be liable to Fat Neck Syndrome.

There are enough pleasant trench coat patterns for plus anyway, no need for me to go and hunt down an Indie. And that skirt is just an elastic waistband with a gathered skirt, isn't it? I'm pretty sure that is one of the first thing I ever sewed... no pattern required.

Ellabella

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 13:38:34 PM »
Does anybody know what the instructions are like for Deer & Doe, I do like that trench coat but it's a long time since I sewed anything like that and I think I'd need my hand held throughout

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 09:19:42 AM »
No idea, but check out pattern reviews. 

Ellabella

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 10:52:25 AM »
Yes UR, I thought of that just after I posted.

I've had a good look on PR and the instructions ars usually rated as excellent so perhaps I will give it a go.

UttaRetch

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 14:48:45 PM »
Did you see the review by the pattern tester for Luzerne trench?  She also did a much more detailed review on her blog.

Ellabella

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 09:55:36 AM »
It does look very nice, I may have to indulge.