The Sewing Place

Where are all you BOMers?????

Iminei

Where are all you BOMers?????
« on: October 08, 2018, 08:57:00 AM »
C'mon Girls (and guys if there are any) Where are all your beautiful Blocks Of the Month's...

It feels like a wasteland round here .....

The Blocks are fun, easy, quick to make and all come out at around 12 1/2" unfinished so can be put together as a sampler quilt at the end of the year!

And lastly but not leastly, Everyone who completes all 12 of 2018's BOM's will receive an exclusive TSP Prize Winners badge!

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

Re: Where are all you BOMers?????
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 09:16:50 AM »
I have almost caught up!!   :D  I still have May's to do, and then I'm on to October.

I can tell you that the ones I thought were going to be really difficult have turned out not only to be quite easy, but also a lot of fun. 

Thank you for all the work you put into making the tutorials @Iminei and @StitchinTime - they are really excellent.   :flower:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bogwoppit

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 10:17:41 AM »
I'll catch up soon, I promise!
Life had got too exhausting and as a family we had anasty cold/chest infection that floored us one at a time.  Yesterday I woke up feeling nearly normal, today I'm back to full strength.
Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.

Ploshkin

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 11:37:16 AM »
I got them all done last year but afraid I just didn't get off the starting blocks this year. (Most likely to do with DH now being retired).
Life's too short for ironing.

Kenora

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 14:03:50 PM »
Sorry, but I'm still struggling through my long list of things to complete before next year. I'm so tempted by the BOM tutorials - they are fantastic - but must finish what I've promised to do before I can "do stuff for me".  :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Sandra

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 14:09:14 PM »
 :)

:angel:      :angel:       :angel:                                 

8)

Sandra.
xxx

Acorn

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 14:19:56 PM »
Show off!   ;)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Pearl

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 17:12:14 PM »
I got them all done last year but afraid I just didn't get off the starting blocks this year. (Most likely to do with DH now being retired).

^What @Ploshkin said, apart from the part about DH retiring.  I have no excuse.  I won't be doing them all this year, but so far, have only done a poxy two.  I can do better than that.

rubywishes

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 10:32:52 AM »
Ducks behind sofa with my batting  :ninja: :|
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Cheesecake

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2018, 20:37:53 PM »
I’m missing doing them!  But think I have good excuses- 5 months pregnant and my husband thought getting a puppy was a good idea.  August’s BOM was done before the puppy appeared in the house...  :woof:

crafter

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2018, 20:52:47 PM »
Don't give up on me yet.

Since becoming a family of four, rather a couple of old fuddy duddy retirees I haven't had a minute.  But I will ... i will.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 01:23:44 AM »
I do go and look at the photo tutorials you put up.  :)  :angel:

In all honesty my machine hasn't been out of it's travel case since I used it on February 24th. I've spent the last 3 months having physical therapy on my neck and lower back because sewing was hurting too much to actually get much sewing done. Last week I had to fix a waist band and did it by hand, reminding myself in the process why I do not do any hand sewing.

But I do look!
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.