The Sewing Place

Struggling With My Machine

amymac

Re: Struggling With My Machine
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 14:58:24 PM »
When something goes wrong is a good time to find out about a company's customer service and I'd say that's an excellent response from SMD.  I've recommended them to others based on what I've read on here and the old TSF, and I'm really pleased to hear they are living up to that reputation.

Would you mind sharing the video they sent you?  Might be helpful for us fellow Janome owners (I have 3...) to see what worked for you.

Lolli

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 15:12:12 PM »
I did go by recommendations when I went with SMD, I also looked at their reviews at the time which proved to be excellent for customer service. It was me being very impatient when I hadn't heard back the next day (feel terrible about that now!). It's a very detailed video, he actually did the tutorial on my exact model of machine which was great.

How do I post a video? There's two because he accidentally stopped recording lol.

arrow

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2018, 18:15:11 PM »
Customer feed back on them has been very good, it's odd how even I have noticed it. Janome in general has a good reputation for it's customer servic here too, as well as machines. Feedback on the models vary a lot though, and I guess it has to do with what we expect of a machine, finding the right model for the job, etc. I suspect a lot of people are very happy with their new purchaces almost regardless, like they are floating on a shopping buzz and their view of things doesn't always get reconsidered along the way. Something I guess it's caused by lack of referance points. I hope the oil points aren't too difficult to reach, since you probably should oil once or twice a month. At some point it became a selling point to have self oiling machines, and it's really a general simplification of things that makes it very misleading.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 22:11:38 PM by arrow »

Lolli

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2018, 19:03:52 PM »
All the areas are easy enough to reach and taking the bottom & side off was a doddle. I'm glad I've received a proper video showing all the areas that need oil, as all I found on Google was people putting one drop in the hook race area and bit on the needle bar.
Now I've done it once, it'll be even easier next time.