The Sewing Place

Tutus that dance pattern

Rose2112

Tutus that dance pattern
« on: April 03, 2018, 15:00:55 PM »
Hi all,
I have made a few tutus using the tutus that dance pattern, but whenever I come to sew the crotch seam, it never aligns properly, the front edge is a lot shorter than the back edge. I was just wondering if other people had had this problem of if it is just me? Maybe I just copied the pattern slightly wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lollipop

Re: Tutus that dance pattern
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 16:15:53 PM »
I haven't noticed a significant difference but I use stretch fabric for tutu panties so have probably just eased it to fit.
Was Sewnanny

eclectic

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 11:22:29 AM »
Hi Rose, a bit late in a reply but why don't you write to Suzanne. I found her really friendly and helpful when I fist started making tutus  :)

Yellowfeather

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 19:40:31 PM »
Rose, not sure why you have this problem, but which size pattern are you using, and i will check mine. Getting in touch is a good idea Eclectic, but Suzanne is not the desiginer, that is Dani Legge, and she is very helpful.

Rose2112

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 23:47:45 PM »
Thank you for all your advice. I think I’ve figured out where I’m going wrong when finishing a tutu today, for some reason I was doing a 1/2” seam instead of a 1” seam so it wasn’t aligned properly