The Sewing Place

New (to me) online fabric shops

sewmuchmore

New (to me) online fabric shops
« on: April 05, 2018, 18:01:59 PM »
I came across this site recently and ordered some lilac embroidered denim. Excellent quality, no shrinkage or colour bleed and colour is nice and deep. Will definitely be shopping here again.
I also came across this site as well. Not ordered anything (yet) but looks to have some nice fabric.

modified, sorry forgot to put nice before fabric, of course they will have fabric its a fabric shop
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 18:38:47 PM by sewmuchmore »
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

sewingj

Re: New (to me) online fabric shops
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 19:08:00 PM »
Interesting - I actually got this

https://gillybee.co.uk/shop/peter-horton-textiles-jersey/

from Minerva recently and it was £2 a metre more - though I did get free delivery from them because I spent more than £20

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 19:29:25 PM »
So that first linky - it's priced per quarter of a metre? Eh?  Shan't be bothering thank you  :)
And the second one, I saw some I liked, bit expensive at £9 - oh, hang on, that's for half a metre... again not for me!

Sorry, not criticising you at all, sewmuchmore, but why oh why can't they put their prices in metres?  We all know what's what then!

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 19:44:27 PM »
The first one - bizarrely - has mixed prices.  Some are per metre and some per fat quarter, but the fat quarters are not all quilting fabrics.  The jersey section has fat quarters for some fabrics and metres for others.  Oh, and you can't tell which is which until you look at the details page for each fabric - the thumbnails page implies that they are all fat quarters.

Weird.   :o
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Stitches

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 07:27:32 AM »
I went to the shop when she opened .there was some nice fabric .not been for a while must go again