The Sewing Place

VOGUE Summer patterns

Tamnymore

Re: VOGUE Summer patterns
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 16:51:00 PM »
Not much going for these patterns. Quite like the Betzina jacket but I have a zillion jacket patterns like this. Tiltons? Yet more random tucks and I have a zillion Tilton patterns already too. I like the hat pattern as I am a bit of a mad hat lady but I have lots of hat patterns like this already. I'm waiting for the next Simplicity sale as there are a couple of those I like.
All this cold shoulder malarkey is making me shiver. Brrrr.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 17:12:15 PM »
I was attracted to the Rachel Comey "dress" though for me it would be a top over leggings or slim legged pants.  Far too short for this middle-aged body.

I kind of like the sleeveless Tilton but I have the feeling it would only work well for a particular body type. And it isn't mine.

Those are the two I like as well - and this  - V9322 Vest.

mudcat

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2018, 17:46:10 PM »
Funny, Bodgeitandscarper  0_0
I liked the vest too but dismissed it because of the way it's constructed.  I don't care for the wrong side showing. In the other view it seems to have binding applied in the reverse direction which could be OK but I didn't think the sample garment looked that good.

Seems like some of these designers are running out of ideas ...

Lyn-J

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2018, 18:05:14 PM »
FGS!
More soppy sleeves - I'm all done with soppy sleeves!
What happened to wearable Vogue Patterns!

UttaRetch

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2018, 19:54:07 PM »
How many ways can the Tiltons keep reinventing the same basic design?  Boring.

Tamnymore

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 13:14:56 PM »
I've just looked again at the Rachel Comey dress. If you search online you can see that it is an exact copy of a dress from her RTW collection (which is what you would expect from some of the Vogue designer patterns at least- its called the popcorn dress). The RTW version looks much nicer! If you use a nice drapey fabric I think it would work quite well. I'd want to make it a little longer - to hit just below the knee. Also the armscyes are too big. I would probably add sleeves as I rarely wear sleeveless dresses. I might have a go at this one when it finally ends up in a sale.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde