The Sewing Place

VOGUE Summer patterns

DementedFairy

VOGUE Summer patterns
« on: April 06, 2018, 09:28:38 AM »
On the whole, MEH
Vogue patterns

I would have said that there's nothing at all, but on 2nd thoughts, this Tracey Reese V1586 isn't too bad

The rest are too low, too many cold shoulders, cold midriffs etc

And the Tilton offerings look same old same old.  Dull.  I always prefer autumn and winter styles, these seem to be aimes at holidays and posh nights out, neither of which feature in my life!

C'est moi!

Efemera

Re: VOGUE Summer patterns
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 09:37:19 AM »
Disappointed with the Tilton patterns..

DementedFairy

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 09:57:46 AM »
Disappointed with the Tilton patterns..
Yeah they look the same as the rest [ie perfectly nice and wearable and versatile] with some random tucks.  I think they've gone as afr as they can with their signature style
C'est moi!

Greybird

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 10:09:16 AM »
In full agreement DF. I have been hoping for something really nice I could make for my stepson's wedding in August, but it looks like I'll have to re-hash something from the patterns I already have. The dresses are nice but I need something ankle-covering because of the dreaded swollen ankles in hot weather (living in hope!).

mudcat

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 10:15:56 AM »
I was attracted to the Rachel Comey "dress" though for me it would be a top over leggings or slim legged pants.  Far too short for this middle-aged body.

I kind of like the sleeveless Tilton but I have the feeling it would only work well for a particular body type. And it isn't mine.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 10:28:09 AM by mudcat »

BrendaP

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 10:45:12 AM »
The Rachel Comey dress would show all the sides of your bra and the blue Tilton one looks as though it is pulled together in random places just to stop if from looking like a maternity smock!

The only dress inthe collection that I even half like is the Claire Shaeffer one.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Manuela

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 10:54:08 AM »
The only one I really like is Vogue 9314 the Brenne dress

UttaRetch

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 11:06:41 AM »
I am not a summer person, but if I was inclined to make anything, would pick

and do view F.  However, I would probably need to do FBA, custom cup sizes notwithstanding, and make the sleeves full length.  Great to see a wrap dress for wovens, too; and

view C

StitchinTime

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 11:08:05 AM »
There are some very odd looking model drawings in this collection. I just want to tell the model in the green dress to stand up straight (and goodness knows what the model in the orange dress is thinking).

UttaRetch

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 11:30:05 AM »
I have the same concerns, although I am only a 32F.  A while a go a bookmarked this tutorial for raising the neckline on a wrap front top thinking it would come in useful at some point.  :[

I wonder if the pattern for is a full or mock wrap?

DementedFairy

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 11:45:05 AM »

I wonder if the pattern for is a full or mock wrap?

Buttons all the way down, so I guess full wrap

The Comey is interesting, but I prefer drapey bulk to hit lower down the body- I have enough natural poofiness around my middle!
C'est moi!

UttaRetch

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2018, 11:49:19 AM »
I still have a defined waistline BUT need the flare to cover the real estate of my arse and saddlebag upper thighs. 0_0

Lizzy777

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2018, 12:10:13 PM »
This is a nice site to look at. The lady writing, was asked by McCalls to 'write a post about doing a Full Bust Adjustment for wrap bodices'. Worth a look?

http://blog.gorgeousfabrics.com/2015/03/09/full-bust-adjustment-for-a-wrap-top-or-dress/

lizzy

Kwaaked

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2018, 12:40:04 PM »
I wore most of these in the 90s I swear.  I also am not a size 0 anymore either.

And as weird as my style is, this is the first time in a decade I can't find anything I want.

Wrap tops I can't discuss.  I like them, got boobs, can't wear.

UttaRetch

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2018, 15:41:06 PM »
@Francesca: I guess that's why wrap tops really only work in a stretch and for those with not much in the way of a bust.  I'm like you in that I also have a 'hollow' chest.  Doesn't matter for me as the chances of me making the dress is zero.  0_0