The Sewing Place

Simplicity half-price sale NOW

UttaRetch

Simplicity half-price sale NOW
« on: April 07, 2018, 09:12:17 AM »
I saw a flyer in the window of my local fabric shop advertising Simplicity patterns half-price sale.

sewmuchmore

Re: Simplicity half-price sale NOW
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 09:59:22 AM »
I can't get Simplicity from my sewing shop and having done a quick search of usual sites no one else seems to have the offer, shame as there are a couple of patterns i would buy but not desperate at full price.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 11:21:34 AM »
I always have my eye on something and Simplicity 8604 has been on my radar.

StitchinTime

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 08:30:17 AM »
Simplicity patterns appear to be on offer now (perhaps UttaRetch's shop was just ahead of the game).

I've checked my usual suspects of Minerva, Jaycotts and WeaverDee and they are showing reduced prices; Abakhan's are still showing full price but maybe they have not been as quick to update their website.

Tamnymore

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 09:50:54 AM »
The Weaverdee site says the Simplicity sale is on until 24th April.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 10:19:11 AM »
Plenty of time for me to let that jacket pattern slip through the net. 0_0

UttaRetch

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 10:36:14 AM »
I really am down to the wire on finances and pretty much just eating and paying the bills. :(  Still is a fiver going to break me? -<

Greybird

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 11:53:30 AM »
@UttaRetch sometimes you have to feed the soul as well. It's a lovely jacket - consider it an investment in the future. If you don't buy it, they'll discontinue it and you'll wish you had!

DementedFairy

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 12:18:24 PM »
I really am down to the wire on finances and pretty much just eating and paying the bills. :(  Still is a fiver going to break me? -<

Same here- but I still believe in little indulgences!
C'est moi!

UttaRetch

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 13:04:13 PM »
Readers, I bought it. :D  It's a 'Threads' so I am hoping for more than the basics in the way of instructions, but I have a few tailoring books and will probably go the speed route.  DON'T watch this space, though. 0_0

sewmuchmore

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 14:47:47 PM »
I am wearing a horrible cardigan today because it's too hot for a full jacket but too cold for just my t-shirt.
:S Hot, what is this phenomenon .  It's never stopped raining for days and it's so cold the duffel coat has come back out. It's grim up north you know 
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet