The Sewing Place

Rulers

Elnnina

Rulers
« on: March 15, 2017, 14:53:29 PM »
I am hoping that Morgan will be reading this at some stage.,  Please can you help me, I believe you had some special rulers that you used to measure accurately the neck area and shoulders, so please what was the name of these rulers, and where did you get them from?  Thanks in advance.

Marniesews

Re: Rulers
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 21:28:15 PM »
I think I've got the one you're talking about . Only used it once but it works very well.

This pdf has instructions on use and the address to order from the inventor.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 21:45:04 PM »

Elnnina

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 14:50:45 PM »
Thanks yet again, this is exactly what I remembered it looked like.  So yet another item heading for my shopping list.

This is what our lovely sewing forum is all about, one another helping others out.  Long may we stay like this.

Elnnina

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 17:46:14 PM »
I have since ordered my Hurth Ruler from Gabrielle Stanley who is based in Reading, Berkshire.  Originally I followed the link that Ohsewsimple put up and very nearly hit the submit order button when it appeared to be coming from the USA, so quickly stopped that process, as I was not prepared to get caught up in Customs on such a simple gadget.  So I went looking for a place here in the UK.  Should receive this next week.

Thanks again Marniesews for the pdf link on its uses that will be very handy.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 21:33:59 PM »
I think that,s Gabrielle's Etsy shop anyway.
Enjoy using it. 

Morgan

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 14:07:10 PM »
I am hoping that Morgan will be reading this at some stage.,  Please can you help me, I believe you had some special rulers that you used to measure accurately the neck area and shoulders, so please what was the name of these rulers, and where did you get them from?  Thanks in advance.
Just picked this one up, sorry I'm late to the party.

The one I find very useful is the Hurth Ruler from Gabielle Stanley
Some ways to use it to measure people (but not all)
Video with some ideas for using it to measure a garment or a pattern

It's great as a pattern drafting aid and quick pattern checking for measurements that reflect the space the body takes up, eg. armscye width front to back, crotch width front to back, and so on.

Elnnina

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 14:40:29 PM »
Thanks for replying.  I did in fact manage to get a Hurth Ruler from Gabrielle Stanley direct from her in Reading, my only problem was Paypal played up, but I waited a few days for the cheque to clear and all was  well.

Oh Morgan you are mine of information, you always seem to have the answers to the many questions that have been asked - we are indeed blessed that you have joined our little gang - Thank you so much.