The Sewing Place

Cushion cover

Silver Rose

Cushion cover
« on: April 09, 2018, 09:14:36 AM »
Knock, knock, may I come in... I've been having a go and bravely present to you my first attempt.I hope the pic is here   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   I'm going out now ;)
Still learning

Lowena

Re: Cushion cover
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 09:48:37 AM »
That's lovely @Silver Rose  a very classy looking cushion  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

StitchinTime

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 10:20:31 AM »
Nice to see you here. The cushion looks lovely and well done you for chosing half square triangles for your first attempt.

I still favour squares and rectangles and try to avoid bias edges and points whenever possible.

Silver Rose

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 10:39:21 AM »
Thanks folks, I am so surprised at the many different designs you can achieve using HSTs, I enjoy the design aspect more than the sewing! I think it would look better with smaller squares and a different colour or smaller print in the centre section. I'll certainly try again, I've been using fabric from dresses and skirts that I have got fed up with wearing and not good enough to donate to the charity bags.
Still learning

Lowena

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 10:49:20 AM »
I love half square triangles for their sheer versatility
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Kenora

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 12:16:06 PM »
A very pretty cushion cover, and excellent for a first attempt.  <3 Don't stop now - it all begins here.  :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 12:25:46 PM »

Thanks folks, I am so surprised at the many different designs you can achieve using HSTs,

There you go Silver Rose ... each of these 72 blocks is a different arrangement of 16 HST's !!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Silver Rose

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 14:53:55 PM »
Gulp! Thanks Iminei, that is amazing.
Still learning