The Sewing Place

Inspirational sewing

Marniesews

Inspirational sewing
« on: April 27, 2018, 23:42:09 PM »
I certainly posted this video of the making of the Dior Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2011 collection on the old forum but I don't think it's been posted here before.

I just love the detail of construction and embellishment in the workroom scenes. I adore those voluminous skirts (must be the ballroom in me).  :)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

wrenkins

Re: Inspirational sewing
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 06:36:10 AM »
I was looking at Dior pleats last night (someone on here had made a gorgeous dress with a little triangle detail  <3 on the back to stabilise the seams...sorry can't remember who...Holly Berry???) and thinking exactly that about the attention to detail.
Fabulous work!  :loveit:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 08:49:42 AM »
@Marniesews: I have seen that video before and I might even have been on the old place.  Those full skirts are gorgeous, but where would I wear them? :D

Sandra

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 09:30:58 AM »
Oh, isn't that wonderful?

Great team work and such a beautiful creation.

Sandra.
xxx

Efemera

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 09:42:31 AM »
@Marniesews: I have seen that video before and I might even have been on the old place.  Those full skirts are gorgeous, but where would I wear them? :D

Tesco?

Cheesecake

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 11:31:30 AM »
Great video.

Holly Berry

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 11:59:25 AM »
@wrenkins, yes it was me.

Last year I went to the Dior exhibition in Paris. It was totally overwhelming, such beautiful clothes and shoes. Their attention to detail and design lines were breathtaking. I think that’s why I love vintage. We need to bring more elegance into everyday wear. I’m really guilty of dressing down and casual.

I must get myself a white coat to do my sewing in.
Procrastination get behind me