The Sewing Place

Alternative to Pinterest?

UttaRetch

Alternative to Pinterest?
« on: April 11, 2018, 17:14:40 PM »
I came across Picmia whilst doing an image search.  It probably doesn't have the millions of images of Pinterest BUT if doesn't open up a dirty, great overlay that cannot be dismissed.  I did a couple of specific searches - dresses and skirts - and found some interesting stuff. 

Sewcycle

Re: Alternative to Pinterest?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 14:32:58 PM »
Thanks, could be good. I'm a bit wedded to Pinterest now though as I have so many folders of different things. I was quite heartbroken when, in a moment of inattention I managed to delete one of my Pinterest folders by mistake  :o
'Is there a life before breakfast'

Marniesews

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 23:54:19 PM »
Had a little look, it's fairly new so obviously there isn't a huge collection yet but that will come. I didn't see any obvious link to the origin of the image or could I not see for looking?
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 09:07:13 AM »
If you click on an image, it tells you the origin.

Marniesews

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 14:11:48 PM »
I tried that, but mustn't have been paying attention.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

WendyW

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 15:40:36 PM »
I've got WAY too much on Pinterest to even consider totally switching, and sure don't need yet another feed to follow. I did take a look, but the layout is way too cluttered, with no negative space at all between the pictures. Just looking at it would drive me batty!

UttaRetch

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 21:45:06 PM »
I don't like Pinterest's presumption - big overlay all over the screen that won't be dismissed - and I think Picmia is more 'democratic'.  However, I would rather save images to my computer and have some folders for the things that interest me.