The Sewing Place

costumes costumes everywhere!!

Sewingsue

Re: costumes costumes everywhere!!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2018, 12:05:41 PM »
how frustrating yellowfeather!! you could of course charge them double the price next year when they ask you again 0_0
Try that and they would probably agree then try to find excuses to cut the bill.

Just say no
Come and tell us if they do approach you again and we will nag so hard you will have to turn them down  :devil:
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Yellowfeather

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 05:37:32 AM »
Guess what!!!!  I have just had an email from said dance school.  They have tried asking around for someone who will make the leotards, (which seems to suddenly now be two groups!), and funnily enough, no-one wants to make them.  Do I know anyone else who might be willing to make them, as they are willing to pay the going rate or what ever it takes to get them done! :angry: :angry:  I am still not doing it, as I have agreed to make other peoples costumes and I cant fit it all in.

Any one out there interested???
xx

eclectic

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 08:26:09 AM »
Lucky for you that you are too busy to take it all back on YF! it makes it easier to say no. The sad thing is that they will not blame themselves for now sitting in this position and learn from it  :(

BrendaP

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 08:52:27 AM »

Any one out there interested???
xx

Nope!  But you can honestly say that you have asked lots of people if they can take on the  job and 'unfortunately' there are no takers. :devil:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Sewingsue

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 09:37:29 AM »
I am trying very hard not to think 'serves them right for mucking Yellowfeather around".

I am failing - it does serve them right, especially after that nonsense about returning the fabric because they had found a better deal then finding out it wasn't.  :devil:

Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Yellowfeather

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 12:33:06 PM »
Nope!  But you can honestly say that you have asked lots of people if they can take on the  job and 'unfortunately' there are no takers. :devil:

Love it!!  I will pass the message on!

Lucky for you that you are too busy to take it all back on YF! it makes it easier to say no. The sad thing is that they will not blame themselves for now sitting in this position and learn from it  :(

They wont learn, they will still be expecting something for next to nothing next show time, but I have learned a valuable lesson in saying no to jobs involving dance school shows!!!!