The Sewing Place

I am slowly but surely going completely barmy

Iminei

Re: I am slowly but surely going completely barmy
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 19:59:24 PM »
Today as I was having an off sewing day (actually an off the world day after recent news) I thought I would finally experiment with some gorgeous palette colours I bought at last years FoQ from Pat Archibald.

She explained how to use them on this Lutrador stuff (?) which you can then cut out into leaf shapes etc and applique ... so I bought some of that too.

Its been on the desktop (the infamous desktop that surfaces every now again after 3 hours of mining) in a bag clearly marked Lutrador (??) since last August ...

Today, Can I find it ? Can I buggery !!!!!  :angry:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 12:31:50 PM »
Project bags, boxes, baskets are a great idea.  I always tell my students to do this.    Sooooooo, why don't I do it myself!   You,ve heard the saying 'do what I say, not what I do' I'm sure.   :S :S
Something I'm very hot on is counting pattern pieces after you lay them out and before cutting after what was a near disaster. I gaily went ahead chopping up fabric thinking I was doing well and had loads left, which was a surprise to me.  Then found my sleeve pattern piece had floated off the table and under the chest of drawers!   The loads left was now not enough.   Luckily I managed to get another piece. 

Ravingdoll

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2018, 12:56:51 PM »
One thing I have learned from my mother (although it was more important for her when she was doing it for a living) is that I have a small wastepaper basket per project and I never throw anything away to do with it, even scrap threads, until I’ve finished that particular piece.  I have this way managed to salvage a pattern piece that I had missed when cutting out (because I don’t do tracing!), and even used bits of thread for handsewing when I’ve run out.  Although if I do lose a pattern piece, especially a small piece, the first place I usually look is Toby the Thug’s bottom! 

I still can’t find my covered buttons though - but I’m not giving up!!!   

Gernella

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2018, 15:14:18 PM »
t.  Although if I do lose a pattern piece, especially a small piece, the first place I usually look is Toby the Thug’s bottom! 

I'm seeing the picture of it as I type!

Anyway, how the heck can some one lose two pieces of sugar pink fabric, around 20" by about 12".   I've even turned my back to each section of the room and looked in a mirror (different angle) to see if it is looking at me. Nothing has been  thrown out, I don't until I've finished (been there done that boob before).

Thankfully Truro have delivered this morning so I'm ready to roll again on Monday, but it's bugging me like hell.  I've not told DH, he'd be intent on finding it and and I don't want him looking and seeing something he shouldn't.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included