The Sewing Place

Computerised machines

sewmuchmore

Computerised machines
« on: March 15, 2017, 17:20:27 PM »
Having recently bought an upgrade for my Innov-is v3 the instructions tell you to make sure that your machine has the latest updates installed before installing the upgrade.
How many of you with computerised embroidery machines have checked for updates? I must admit it is not something i have done very often and when i did check i found that there had been 3 updates that i had missed. :sew:
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

SewRose

Re: Computerised machines
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 18:18:23 PM »
I have a Janome machine and yes I do check for updates.

Pixie

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 21:23:43 PM »
I have recently bought a Brother Innovis V3.
Just wondering if you have bought any of the accessories? I am thinking of buying the border hoop but it is quite expensive and cant decide if it is worth it.
Pfaff Performance 5, Brother Innovis V3, Bernina Overlocker, Janome TXL607, Babylock BLCS, Toyota Oekaki Renaissance, Bernina 830

sewmuchmore

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 18:28:03 PM »
I have recently bought a Brother Innovis V3.
Just wondering if you have bought any of the accessories? I am thinking of buying the border hoop but it is quite expensive and cant decide if it is worth it.
The border hoop is in my wishlist and i keep checking Ebay to see if anyone is selling one.
I did buy the thread stand https://www.sewingmachines.co.uk/products/brother-10-spool-thread-stand-ts5/2547  that attaches to the machine but only use it to put the threads on that i am using and then transfer them to the machine spindle, it was really faffy to thread the machine from the stand. (Hope that make sense)
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Pixie

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 19:16:38 PM »
The border hoop is in my wishlist and i keep checking Ebay to see if anyone is selling one.
I did buy the thread stand https://www.sewingmachines.co.uk/products/brother-10-spool-thread-stand-ts5/2547  that attaches to the machine but only use it to put the threads on that i am using and then transfer them to the machine spindle, it was really faffy to thread the machine from the stand. (Hope that make sense)

Yes I  looked at the thread stand...but I thought that it was an extra task to thread through the vertical bit of the stand and so thank you for confirming that it is faffy.
I am spending loads of money on threads at the moment...everytime I buy a design I find that I need <want> more colours....then today I found I could not edit what I wanted so I think I would have to buy  software to do that...so it seems that buying the machine is just the beginning lol
Love it though!
Pfaff Performance 5, Brother Innovis V3, Bernina Overlocker, Janome TXL607, Babylock BLCS, Toyota Oekaki Renaissance, Bernina 830