The Sewing Place

Will this pattern work with a border print?

WendyW

Will this pattern work with a border print?
« on: April 17, 2018, 04:26:37 AM »
I found a border print fabric today that I really like, but I don't want to make something where the border is placed as a horizontal stripe. This pattern randomly popped up on my Pinterest feed. Would it work with a border print? I've never made a skirt with similar lines and don't know how the pieces are shaped. I have the ability to make some minor modifications to the pattern if needed.

Marfy skirt

Efemera

Re: Will this pattern work with a border print?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 08:32:12 AM »
I think it would look really interesting...a great skirt pattern.

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 08:36:22 AM »
I don't see why note.  The pattern description says '... rectangular panel with handkerchief points'.

BrendaP

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 09:33:50 AM »
Would it work with a border print? I've never made a skirt with similar lines and don't know how the pieces are shaped.

The pattern piece that's purple/multi on the illustration will have a straight bottom edge and a slightly curved upper edge, so yes it will be suitable for a border print.  Indeed when you compare it to the white version it looks as though border print is what is intended.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

b15erk

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 10:38:23 AM »
I think so too WW!

It looks like a really unusual pattern, but it could look stunning with the right fabrics.

Go for it!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.