The Sewing Place

Flat Welt Pockets - the Japanese way

b15erk

Flat Welt Pockets - the Japanese way
« on: April 16, 2018, 14:53:28 PM »
I loved watching this.

Welt Pocket

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Hachi

Re: Flat Welt Pockets - the Japanese way
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 08:11:52 AM »
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this video series.

It's so rare to see a real professional seamstress sew in an industry way (but not in a factory way where one worker only sews one portion of the garment) and to see the whole process from cutting the fabric to sewing to pressing. I have learned so much just watching her sew and press.

I also like how the guy (the cutter) holds the snippers between his pinky and ring finger. I'm practicing that technique.

Greybird

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 10:31:14 AM »
Oh Jessie - I feel positively ham-fisted after watching that! I have made welt pockets and been reasonably pleased with them but that takes it to a whole new level. I need to get very much better at doing things. I also need to get my scissors sharpened - they aren't up to scratch either.

Thank you for that!

Ellabella

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 16:44:45 PM »
Loved watching this especially after I noticed the instructions on the top LHS.

I wish I was half as dextrous.
Desperately trying to alliterate in North Yorkshire

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 10:17:37 AM »
What ever people say about the internet, it is a wonderful tool if you want to know how to do something like this.  Seeing is a lot better than reading how it's done.